• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX is default dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpsol

Reaction score
Hello,

When i turn on the 3cx for android, my phone wants to perform all outgoing calls through 3cx. I dont want that since i use it mostly for incoming calls. Anyone knows how to change this and give me the prompt at each call wether to chose my phone or 3cx?

Thanks

Ed

HTC Desire S

I have the same problem, still looking for a solution.

Uncheck the following option

Profile > Integration > Redirect normal calls

I have verified this setting on my phone as being un-checked, but I am still unable to place calls normally through the phone's dialer application (outside of 3CX).

Samsung Galaxy S3 (I535)
Android 4.0.4 (ICS)

I confirm what written by gonzo628. By me the option was already unchecked by default and still it doens't want to give me the option for choisng my phone dialer.

Had the same issue on a HTC Rezound running ICS 4.03.605.2 710RD (Latest version with global roaming radios)

However I checked the box Integration > Redirect normal calls, then saved the profile. This will force cell calls to use 3CX as the dialer. Then I went back and unchecked the box and saved the profile again.
Now my cell calls use the cellular network for cell calls and the 3CX for my PBX calls.
I have yet to test this with the different cell radios 3G/LTE/GSM on this phone.

It looks like after the default installation and auto provisioning, even though the setting is unchecked, it is configured to use 3CX for all calls.

I applied Active5 solution and it seems to be working so far. Just tried to dial a number with 3cx running on my droid and it choses the phone instead of 3cx. So far so good since i practically use 3cx only for incoming calls.
Thanks Active5 ! I'll keep posted if the setting should ever change again by itself.

Very interesting notification !
Where is such customer care center for 3CXPhoneFREE ? :D

James brunt said:
you should contact to the customer care for getting the right information . Surely you will be satisfy by the service of care center.

pctel said:
Very interesting notification !
Where is such customer care center for 3CXPhoneFREE ? :D

If you check out other posts from this member, you will find them just as confusingl. I'm waiting for the SPAM, or semi-hidden links to other businesses, to start.

I have the same issue here in October. Checking and saving an unchecking and saving seems to make it work.

FlightRisk said:
I have the same issue here in October. Checking and saving an unchecking and saving seems to make it work.

Same problem here with Huawei G300, but this trick from above is really working :D

Hi, I had the same problem - i.e. default config, 3CX hijacks the phone dialer by default even when option is unchecked. Checking and saving and unchecking and saving resolves the problem. So far so good.

Here's some additional feedback for the devs.

1) The ideal option would be to prompt when you dial - so you use your phone dialler and press dial dialogue pops up and you choose either 3CX or Phone dialer.
2) To get around issue 1 I've set up 2 profiles - 1st one dials out by default using the phone's own dialer. The 2nd uses SIP with a 9 prefix in front of numbers dialed using the phon'es dialler or pulled from contacts. I can't for the life of me work out how to switch between the 2 of them??

Other than that it's superb.. really impressed.

Cheers, Spencer

I think thit bug is there because after you install app you get this option is ON, but ckeckbox in set OFF - so you need enable/disable checkbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.