3cx is mixing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randika, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi

We are having issues with mixing calls together (cross talk ) and choppy audio (users define as robotic sound).
    However this is intermittent issue and happens to internal calls as well.So we know that it is not an issue with our SIP trunk.

We are using 3cx version 12 and we have 64 simultaneous call licence
    We have around 300 phones
    server specification - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5606 @ 2.13GHz/Windows 2008 R2/16GB RAM/2Gig connection to the core switch
    - Seperate VLANs for both voice and Data

This started happening recently along with the rapid expansion in the company. I have noticed high CPU usage most of the time and sometimes it is hitting 70% 80% percent only for few seconds. Al our calls also recorded in the 3cx server and we use lame mp3 recorder for that.

Can anybody help me whether we need more advanced processor than mentioned above or is this something to do with any other issue ?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The fact that you are recording all calls puts a big strain on not only the server, but your network. It might be advisable to look into upgrading the hardware. That said, there may also be a bottleneck in your network hardware (switch). I have not heard of this causing crosstalk issues before , but the choppy and hollow sound can be the result of congestion/ latency.

3. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Something that could be causing issues is also the default RTP range set for external calls : 9000-9049, which allows only up to 25 SC (2 channels per call). You'll need to extend this range both in 3cx console / Settings / Network, and in your firewall/router, to 9000-9127, in order to have least case scenario up to 64 SC through trunk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

pj3cx

I could understand outside call issues being caused by a shortage of available 9000 series ports, but internal calls as well?

5. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

correct, this does not apply to internal calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Randika

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Yes we have some internal call quality issues as well and I checked we have allowed RTP port rang
    in 3cx and our firewall (9000-9499) and I think its more than enough.

I am still worried about the amount of CPU usage the 3cx is using. Sometimes it is hitting over 80% for few seconds

Thanks

7. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

If 80% is the maximum it's "fine" but you should'nt be too close to the limits, I think your CPU is not meeting the minimum requierements in terms of frequence for 64SC we recommend i7 3.6GHz cf http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CX_Phone_System_Operating_System_Specifications.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.