3CX is not registered permanent

Discussion in 'Android' started by enlace, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enlace

Good afternoon I have a problem in samsung s3 gt-i8200l, the 3CX aplication is not always registered, spend some predetermined time and I can not receive calls, please how I can help to make it work

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are using the V14 client, that is how it works and then relies on PUSH on wake then phones up.

You can find instructions on how to setup PUSH here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/configuring-google-push/

After you do this make sure you:
    1) Check that PUSH is enabled for the extension(s) in the Management Console. you can see this is in the extension settings in the "3CX Phone" tab, the option "Enable PUSH for smaprtphones".
    2) You delete the account you currently have on your 3CX Phone for Android, then send a new welcome email after doing all of the above, otherwise it will not work.

3. bwilliams

So I have done all of the above, and mu push service still wont work. It doesn't wake up my phone. 3CX console show the extension as available and registered, but the logs say "Call to <sip:7071@FDQ:5060> has failed; Cause: 480 Temporarily Unavailable/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5488"

Please advise!!!

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Then it could be something blocking the connection with the GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) service.

Check the file C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3CXDialer.log right after you try to make a call to an extension that should wake up with PUSH.
    towards the end of the file you should see a line starting with {"registration_ids" : and in the next line you should see the response from the GCM service, ideally that should be GCM response: OK OK.

If you don't see that then possible reasons could be:
    - Outbound traffic from the 3CX Server to the GCM service happens over ports 5228, 5229 and 5230, so make sure those ports are open for outbound traffic.
    - Although I have yet to understand why this happens sometimes, but sometimes deleting the PUSH project and recreating it to get a new API Key and Project Number, inserting them into the Management Console and reprovisioning the phones again solves this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.