• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX is Paving the Way for Rapid Growth in Germany with Askozia Acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca Allery

Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
3CX acquires Askozia’s skills, Linux technology and user base to increase German market presence LONDON, UK, HANOVER, GERMANY, 03 AUGUST 2017 - 3CX, developer of next-generation software-based Unified Communications solution, announces the acquisition of Askozia, German provider of the Asterisk®* based IP telephone system AskoziaPBX. With more t...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Nick Galea on a brilliant acquisition! 3CX and Askozia expanding on the 3CX Linux offering can only enhance the core PBX and Linux instances already being deployed. Perhaps there may be a simpler way to interconnect between a legacy Asterisk box and 3CX in the near future!

Great news Nick. Looks like a great fit looking forward to see what comes of the acquired technology.

Last edited:
Hi,

What does it means for actual Askozia Customers?

Will Askozia become the base for the 3CX Linux version or will you have 2 different products on the future?

Will Askozia become the base for the 3CX Linux version or will you have 2 different products on the future?

3CX and Askozia will will merge into one product over time. Referring to the press release statement "along with the Linux technology that will now be integrated into our own product"...

And regarding the price? Askozia was really cheap, particulary if you need an "unlimited" simultaneous call.

In my case, the SIP Trunk provider dont'have a number of line limitation so for me, it's really important to not have such limitation on the PBX side.

Reactions: Kongootto
3CX Pricing applies , so it's limited by sim calls now. You can use the free edition up to 8 sim calls.

OK, it's really not the same price, ... Will my perpetual licence of Askozia be usable (also if I need to reinstall it)?
If I get the free upgrade. Will it be possible to continue tu use Askozia for some time and after a while pay a maintenance or an upgrade to get the new version of 3CX?

I am actually really happy with Askozia and don't want to change everything, because it actually work smoothly.

Reactions: Kongootto
Wow, 3CX is really showing us how not to handle an acquisition. They've closed the Askozia Forum and didn't even care to show a message that it is closed. You just can't reply anymore or start new topics. Of course in the "Announcement" section there is no Announcement of the aquisition.

Also, the Askozia Website has been rendered inoperable. I wanted to download the Demo Version of the latest Askozia 5.4 but all links are dead (some lead to 3CX, most are just corrupt and show weird error messages). Guys, you really only achieved one thing: I'll never buy something from a company which treats its acquired customers so horrible.

What says 3CX over the plans to offer a real migration/converter tool will be available for Askozia to 3CX?
The current available converter tool is not enough. It's only convert the internal extensions. No Callflows, no Queues, nothing of that, that need time to port from Askozia to 3CX. The callflow designer from 3CX doesnt support any import.

Thank for a official statement.

What says 3CX over the plans to offer a real migration/converter tool will be available for Askozia to 3CX?
The current available converter tool is not enough. It's only convert the internal extensions. No Callflows, no Queues, nothing of that, that need time to port from Askozia to 3CX. The callflow designer from 3CX doesnt support any import.

Thank for a official statement.

The current converted does the basics in terms of extensions and trunks, as stated.
More complex conversions will come and are been currently worked on. Not for all 3CX needs call flows (like IVRs and Queues).
Some other might find the way into an 3CX CFD to be rendered.

Will my perpetual licence of Askozia be usable (also if I need to reinstall it)?
If I get the free upgrade. Will it be possible to continue tu use Askozia for some time and after a while pay a maintenance or an upgrade to get the new version of 3CX?

I am actually really happy with Askozia and don't want to change everything, because it actually work smoothly.

Your current Askozia license will be still there and can be re-activated for the time being. You might run 3CX and Askozia at the same time for the transition period until you are ready to switch. 3CX keys come with an 1y of maintenance which ensures all the updates to the product as new versions. However once the year is passed the MA (maintenance) needs to be extened.

Well, I've found a bug in my running (and licensed) Askozia installation, leading to (probable) filesystem corruption on loaded systems over time. I do have a fix. Where can I report it?

Are there any updates to the AskoziaPBX configuration conversion tool that I should be aware of before I migrate our system? What categories of settings should I absolutely not expect to transfer? Will our (many) Snom phones that are on the EOL list with 3CX (320 and 710 models) survive?

The acquisition of Plaintel by 3CX came shortly after I went on sabbatical, so to speak, and I have just returned. Our organization ought not continue with an unsupported AskoziaPBX installation (which is on an Askozia appliance), so I am planning to make the change soon.

A second question, which perhaps only 3CX staff can answer, is whether or not the configuration converter will work twice for the same Askozia customer. I ran the tool in March to verify it and to acquire the promised license. There have been changes to the system since then, however, so I need to run it again—but I'm hoping that it won't think that I'm trying to receive a second license and refuse to run.

Thank you for your help in the matter. The prospect of this migration is both hopeful and terrifying!

Hi David,

There have been no updates since then, so you can use the tool and get the new license. Its just going to give you back the same license we already gave you before so dont worry about that. Good luck with the migration!

Hi Nick ... thank you for the reply. It seems there was a problem with the converter, so I went ahead and built the system from the ground up. There were a few roadblocks and detours, but I am pleased with the end result and with the system. I think that my clients will be happy!

Hi David, sorry to hear that re converter. We can look into that if you wish. But great to hear you are happy with the upgrade!

Reactions: David Liddle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.