3CX Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joseph, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph

This was the situation, a year ago.

1 3CX Phone system. 2 Wired advanced VoIP phones. 3 Siemens Gigaset IP's. C470.

When ringing one of the phones, with 2 phones, they all get the dial tone. Gigaset, or Wired, it worked.
    Then the 3CX and the Gigaset got a firmware update.

This is the situation right now.

When ringing one of the phones, with 2 phones, only one gets the dial tone. The other connects to the voicemail server.
    Strange is: the wired phones can be called with 2 phones, and the all get the dial tone.

Even when trying a Snom M9, it doesn't work. Only one phone get the dial tone, the other connects to the voicemail.

I don't get the picture.

Another problem.

We have a GoIP device.This

http://www.discoverytelecom.eu/upload/iblock/e87/voip2gsm.pdf

is the manual. Even following it to the letter, it won't register to the 3CX system.

Please let me know if more details are needed.
    Thanks for all the input!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't know what you mean by "gets the dialtone"? To me "getting dial tone" is the noise you get when you pick up the handset to make a call. You will need to explain this a bit better or post some 3Cx logs showing an example of a call problem. If a call to an extension is going directly to Voicemail, then the called extension is either not registered or it is seen as being busy, in most cases. A log should show what is going on.

Does the 3CX log show a registration attempt for the GoIP device?

3. Joseph

I like to see one problem at once.

The call problem.
    The dial tone is what you hear when you call another phone, on your side. To say it in basic:
    *tuut* *tuut* *tuut*
    You got me.

I have maded some wireshark logs.
    When the first phone calls:

Trying
    Trying
    Ringing
    Request NOTIFY 10@IP:pORT
    Ringing
    Status 200 OK

The second one

Trying
    Trying
    Request OPTIONS sip:voicemail IP:pORT
    Status 200OK
    Status 480 Temporarily not aviailable

When to the fixed line

Trying
    Trying
    Ringing
    Request NOTIFY 10@IP:pORT
    Ringing
    Status 200 OK

And the same for the second call.

The 3CX log:
    http://pastebin.com/NyMbhhvq

Thanks for the support, again! :)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You probably mean "ring back tone", that's what you hear, in the receiver, when the called line is ringing.

Please use the actual extension numbers (not first phone, second phone) to explain which call(s) is failing, then I can look over the logs you posted. Example.... Extension 101 calling extension 102 fails.

5. Joseph

Extension 12 calls 11. Works. Extension 13 calls 11 at the same time. Fails.

Thanks for the support again!

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Hope Leejor wont mind me jumping in this one.

Just to clarify what I think you are saying.....

You have a 3cx PBX and some extensions. These extensions have multi line capability (can take more than one call at a time) but when they are on a call and you try to call from a second extension you get the voicemail but you wanted it to ring?

Is that correct? You want 11 to call 13 and then if 12 calls 13 you want 13 to ring, and he can put 11 on hold and take the call from 12.

There is a simple setting in 3cx for this.

On each extension on the Forwarding Rule > Availability tab (and Custom1 tab if you use it) in the section that says "Phone is Busy" there is a check box that says "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - use Phone Status. Check that for each extension you want that ability.

Then in the Settings > Advanced, Find the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP and set it to 1 so the same functionality will work for Ring Groups also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Joseph

Unofrtunately, that option is checked on each line.

I will try setting ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP to 1.

I ring to extension 11 with 12 and 13. So
    12 calls 11.
    13 calls 11.

Tomorrow I am on the place of the situation again, I will change the setting and let you know what happens.

Thank you for now!

Edit: Remember I can call 10 with multiple extensions at a time, they all get the ring back tone. 10 is a wired advanced VoIP Phone. With the current settings. To make more clear:

11 > 10
    12 > 10
    13 > 10

All get the ring back tone. Very strange, since 12 > 11
    13 > 11
    Doesn't work...

Thanks again.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the device using extension 11 (is that the Siemens Gigaset C470 ?) ,a set, able to accept more than one call at a time?

9. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I think it is a problem with the phone too. Your logs you posted quite clearly shows 12 and 13 connected to 11.

from your post of your logs

call 38 was ext 12 and call 39 was ext 13.

So if they are not giving you the ring tone you need then you have a handset problem. Whether it is to do with the firmware or a bad handset I wouldnt know and would defer to Leejor as he is the handset expert :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Joseph

That's right, but it worked until the 3CX got an update.

Maybe a bug?

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Most likely not a bug.

The logs clearly show the 3 phones are connected. And you can also make multi calls with the other extensions.

If you take the phone on ext 11 and swap it with ext 10 (changing the settings so the register as the new extensions) then I suspect you will be able to call ext 11 but not 10. Proving it is the handset. You did say the handsets had an upgrade at the same time?

12. Joseph

Here an update on my side.

I am now playing around with the GoIP device. It connects, and calls. But the sound quality is terrible.

Available codecs:
    • alaw
    • ulaw
    • g729
    • g729a
    • g729ab
    • g7231
    • gsm

There is nowhere a option to let the codecs handle through an external server (3CX).

Second problem. (Also with GoIP)

There a 3 CID Forward modes.
    • disabled
    • use remote party ID
    • use CID as SIP caller ID

Disabled doesn't work. It makes the GoIP device not register.
    Use remote party ID works. But instead of the incoming caller ID, the virtual extension number gets displayed.
    Use CID as SIP caller ID doesn't work. The GoIP device gets registered, but when I call to the device, the call drops.

The log has interesting information about this.
    http://pastebin.com/Md3gBbcb

Thanks for the support again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.