3CX IVR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brian Wong, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Wong

Hi

I'm new to 3CX, want to setup the system running the below:

3 PSTN Analog phone lines let incoming call connect to a simple IVR system that come with 3CX

I got:

(A) Grandstream GXW-4104 4 Ports FXO Gateway

(B) Windows 7 Professional running 3CX V10

As I need only the IVR (Digital Receiptionist) feature in 3CX, no IP phone will be needed, I've setup the system with 3 digit extension option, and add the 4104 under PSTN gateway, config all others according to the manual shown on 3CX website, and select all PSTN line to connect to the Digital Recepitionist (DR).

When I test the connection, the incoming call can dial in but can't directly connect to the DR, the caller will hear the pickup tone "DO..........." and they need to press 3 digits (any three) then the call will connect to the DR.

Someone told me I need to config the inbound route in order to bypass the "DO...." tone, I found out in the Inbound Route option, only DID setting available, how can I setup the Inbound Route in order to let all incoming calls directly connect to the DR.

I've tried to figure this out in this forum and also in 3CX online documentation but still can't find out any......

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the "Do...tone" is. In the trunk group(s), you have an option to route the callers to something, if you have created a DR, then that is where the calls will go.

In 3CX,on the left side column, you'll see PSTN devices, then under that the name and trunk number of your device(s). Click on the trunk number. that will open some options, the second set down is "Office Hours". This is where you set the options at to where, and when, an incoming call goes. The fourth choice down is "Connect to Digital Receptionist"

It may be something in the options you have used when creating the DR. What is the final destination to be if you have no extensions? Is this just to provide some sort of information service, like "press 1 to hear the current snow conditions at...mountain"?

3. Brian Wong

Thanks for the reply. When we test the incoming call, we can listen the ring tone and then the call was picked up with a steady "do...." tone, we found out that if we press 3 keys (any 3 keys), (may be we choose the 3 digit ext. options while setting up the system at the beginning), then that incoming call can connect to the DR without any problem, and all flow set in DR works fine.

Just want to know should I need to set any specific inbound rules under the 3CX Management Console --> PSTN Gateway --> Inbound Parameters or

3CX Management Console --> Inbound Rules

in order to let any incoming call answer by the DR directly without the "do...." tone?

Thanks

4. Brian Wong

Hi Leejor

We have already set the Ports/Trucks like 10000, 10001, 10002 & 10003 all connect to DR in office hours and also check the below same as office option.

Yes, we just want to provide some voice info to the callers from the DR with some pre-recorded voice prompt and need no other options in 3CX, but the problem is the incoming call can't connect directly to the DR, the call was picked up and have some steady "do..." tone, caller needs to press 3 keys then the call will be connected to the DR, any ideas on this????

Thanks
    Brian

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what that tone is. You might want to post your configuration for the DR. I'm assuming that you have made the initial recording. Have you tried changing the recording back to the default? What about creating an extension, say a 3CX softphone, and calling the DR number directly (within 3CX) to see if there is a different result? That would eliminate a configuration issue, in the gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.