• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX just stopped services, how do I find out why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkinyyz

Reaction score
We had 5 people on the phone talking to different customers. At the same time they all started yelling that their call dropped. When I tried to log into the 3CX console it showed them all on the phone, but I couldn't do anything with their calls. I then got an email saying:

3CX Service notification

Following service(s) were stopped recently:
3CXPhoneSystem01 (172.31.17.202)

And when I go in 3CX it shows that 3CXPhoneSystem shows Stopped. I had to press Start and it came back on. I need to know why it just stopped in the middle of the day. I'm the only admin and was not logged into the admin console. Management is wanting to know why this happened, so can someone please tell me how to view the log? When I check event log there's no mention of this, it only shows devices registering and not.

If it's a Windoze system, go into each service and set to restart when stopped.
Event log will show you why it happened under applications.
Under Linux it most likely wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
This is on Linux, it's the Debian PBX Express image installed on AWS.

Look in /var/log and cat your log files such as syslog

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinalsa
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.