Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Keypad software calling wrong person

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by julestemp, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julestemp

Hi

This appears to be a problem since we upgraded to v14 of 3cx windows.

When using the keypad if i start typing a name for example "M" 3cx wil bring all names containing M

if this search spans over more than 1 list (creates a scroll bar) thus in my case it would show 7 entries if i double click the bottom person without scrolling the list to make a call to that person the software will drop down to the next person and dial that causing us to call the wrong person.

apart from other methods like bring up the context menu and calling is this a bug?

many thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

If i understand correctly the issue then no this is not a bug as this is intended to help you view the person you want to call as a small part of that entry is blocked from view. So if you click on that contact once it will bring him one spot up.

I understand that if you try to double it quickly then you could accidentally call the wrong person and that could cause an inconvenience but its intended to work like that. You just need to click the entry once to come up and then double click to place the call.

Hope this helps

3. Patrick Hogan10

Had the same problem. But, thank you YiannisH_3CX for clearing that up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.