• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Let's Encrypt with Own FQDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrobo

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Let's Encrypt certs to auto renew and work without using the 3CX supplied FQDN? If the functionality for let's encrypt is built in why can we not use it with our own FQDN? Is there any plan to implement this?

Reactions: Mike Hammett
i doubt they will expose using their own internal api for lets encrypt as it is one of their big drawcards for maintenance renewal with only version upgrades being bigger.

have a look into the API for LE, you will find very quickly we can not do this for you as we dont control your DNS and they only support it if port 80 would be accessible to the web server. As this is all not possible this can not be done by 3CX to ensure reliability.

Also LE certs only last 90 days, so they need to be renewed, we do this for our certs, you would need to do this on your own.
So, just use a 3CX domain. Personally, I wrote a year ago a guide on how to use your own cert on your own domain.
A year later my cert run out of time and I was due to pay and wondered why I shall do it and switched to a 3CX domain and all was fine.
Hassel free...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.