3CX Let's Encrypt with Own FQDN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsrobo, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsrobo

Has anyone been able to get Let's Encrypt certs to auto renew and work without using the 3CX supplied FQDN? If the functionality for let's encrypt is built in why can we not use it with our own FQDN? Is there any plan to implement this?

2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

i doubt they will expose using their own internal api for lets encrypt as it is one of their big drawcards for maintenance renewal with only version upgrades being bigger.

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

have a look into the API for LE, you will find very quickly we can not do this for you as we dont control your DNS and they only support it if port 80 would be accessible to the web server. As this is all not possible this can not be done by 3CX to ensure reliability.

Also LE certs only last 90 days, so they need to be renewed, we do this for our certs, you would need to do this on your own.
    So, just use a 3CX domain. Personally, I wrote a year ago a guide on how to use your own cert on your own domain.
    A year later my cert run out of time and I was due to pay and wondered why I shall do it and switched to a 3CX domain and all was fine.
    Hassel free...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.