• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Lines Dereistered, Other Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3BOOT

Reaction score
Hello,

A time ago I had the same issue, but this time it seems to be not so easy repairable.

Code:
Registration at * has failed. Destination (sip:*) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.
Code:
Registration failed for: 10004@*; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
Code:
Next attempt to register 10004@* is scheduled in 600 seconds

What I tried myself:

Firewall Issues: Not the point. I ran a Firewall-check and it passes all OK. Also, the same SIP-Account registers on a handset in the same network just fine.
Contact Tech Support: I am afraid I have no tech-support subscription.

Also, sometimes I ain't be able to call someone. It keeps reconnecting forever.

Code:
Call to *@(Ln.10001@*) has failed. [ V4 0.0.0.0:0 UNKNOWN_TRANSPORT target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=0 ] replied: 408 Request Timeout; internal

What could cause this issue?

Remember, all these lines connect on my handset itself just fine!

Thanks for the support / thoughts.

I am not sure what log you are showing us, from the phone or from 3CX, but it appears that there is an issue in locating your SIP provider. You need to check the settings associated to your provider on the VOIP Provider tab. Ensure that the correct IP address is installed and if not using an IP, then the FQDN is correct. If using FQDN, then check the DNS server entries you have set and ensure that same settings are properly propigated throughout system.

You don't mention how you connect to provider, so it could be that provider went down for some reason on it own or that carrier, such as cable or DSL, connection went down. If you see this frequently, and you have cable, there is a high probablility that intermittent connections are the result of marginal signal levels.

Some verbose logging (upgraded to V11):

Code:
13-08-2012 16:25:37.336   [CM504005]: Registration failed for: Lc:10004(@*[<sip:*@*:5060>]); Cause: Cause: 503 Service Unavailable/REGISTER from local
13-08-2012 16:25:37.336   Updating device Dev(37):[sip:*@*:5060 / *]: No update on error responses: SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP *:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-d2066f07c70aa02d-1---d8754z-;rport
To: "*"<sip:*@*:5060>;tag=1f35075c
Call-ID: YmU1MGQ1NmNjMjc1NGNiMGI1MGNlMjg4ZmJhYjdlYTg.
CSeq: 2 REGISTER
Warning: 499 3cx-hostname ""
Content-Length: 0

(Phonenumbers and adresses removed for privacy)

I am afraid this is a DNS-Issue neither. I can do DNS-Lookups just fine. Also, when canging the hostname of the provider to their IP, the problem persists.

I have a fibre-connection and I consider it very stable. My provider says it is a 3CX issue.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again!

Guesses mostly.

Do you have dual or multiple NICS installed on the server where 3CX resides?
Once you changed to the IP (from the FQDN), did you restart all services? I am not certain if this needs to be done, but it surely can't hurt.
Are all the 3CX services running?
Do you have your IP stated in the STUN and networking section of settings.

Are you using STUN, and if so, can you simply put your IP in and trun STUN off and see?

Like, I said, guessing by trying to cover the basics. If fiber and you can connect using phone by itself, then I tend to agree with assessment that not carrier and not a remote DNS look-up.

Do you have dual or multiple NICS installed on the server where 3CX resides?

Only 1 NIC.

Once you changed to the IP (from the FQDN), did you restart all services? I am not certain if this needs to be done, but it surely can't hurt.

No. But, now I did. I tried disabling STUN, restarted the server - problem persists. The same with the IP: Problem persists. In Wireshark, every REGISTER packet from 3CX has a header checksum error. However, the packets to the providers that register, have also header checksum errors and are working just fine.

Are all the 3CX services running?

All 3CX services are up and running.

Do you have your IP stated in the STUN and networking section of settings.

Yes.

Are you using STUN, and if so, can you simply put your IP in and trun STUN off and see?

See above. Tried it, no difference.

If fiber and you can connect using phone by itself, then I tend to agree with assessment that not carrier and not a remote DNS look-up.

This threads are experiencing the same problem, but they didn't help me. Not sure if they found a solution for it, either. I nearly think this is a bug inside 3CX...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-v9-sp5-408-request-timeout-internal-19589.html
http://www.3cx.com/forums/registration-failed-cause-408-request-timeout-internal-14283.html

There were some more threads of this problem, but AFAIK there was no solution (posted?).

I need my phone, so this problem is driving me nuts.

Well, reviewing the posts, the first ones indicated that your SIP provider could not be found/resolved. The second posts indicate that the provider was apparently found and a registration attempt was made, but they provided a 503 code which means that they could not service the requests. You never mentioned the name of the SIP provider, so I would not draw the conclusion that the issue lays with 3CX.

About the only things I can suggest are to:

1. Do a wirehshark capture of a successfull registration using your phone and then a similar capture of a registration attempt using 3CX. Then compare the results and see if you can identify something. It could be that the phone's timing allowance is wider than that of 3CX and is therefore getting the registration whereas 3CX times out too quickly. While they may time out too quickly, this is not necessarily a fault of 3CX as it could be the provider being too slow. Or, I suppose it could also be a timeout that is somewhat relative to where your provider is located versus where you are located.

2. Contact your provider and ask them to monitor your registration attempt. The should be able to see it and advise with more detail. I have used several providers and all of them were able to help in this matter.

I have exactly the same, everything was working for 4 years and the on the 29th of June, it just stopped registering 65% of the time.
I use both sipgate and voiceflex sometimes they work at differant times and sometimes they dont.
I spent months with lots of good support from
3CX
Be There broadband
Talk Talk bearer line

I now conlude its a DNS issue (recently after two months i also have outgoing mail DNS issues)

We are running SBS 2003 and have spent hundreds of hours looking for the problem.

I am seriously going nuts with this, so if you have made any progress please let me know.
Regards
steven

Not much more I can offer other than what I indicated earlier.
however...........
I suppose you could uninstall and reinstall the DNS server configuration just to be certain and/or you might try running a root kit virus scanner ( pure guess on my part) just to be certain that perhaps some rally stealthy virus is not causing some redirect action. Finally, you might want to take a look at your windows update log and see if MS installed something on or about that date (given that you have a more definitive timeline) that perhaps might be of interest to uninstall and see what happens.

I have experienced a similar problem. If you or anyone still have this issue it is possible that the line coming in from your phone provider is down.

You will have to test each incoming line to determine which line is down (in my case I tested with an analogue phone). I found that one of the lines coming in from my provider was down and I reported it to them and it was soon fixed. In the mean time you can disconnect the line that is down from the gateway (mine is a patton gateway) and the rest of your lines should work fine. This is what I did this the second time I experienced the problem and it work. Do this and reconnect the line when the provider has fixed the downed line.

Thank you.

richardf

Your reply to a three year old post makes no sense.

They were using a VoIP provider, not a gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.