3CX -> Linksys SPA3102 -> Voipbuster - OK?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dnax, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnax

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all of this - but as far as I can read from searching and reading around the forums, it's clear to me
    that no one has really succeeded in getting Voipbuster to act as their outbound link for Voip calls.

What I'm trying to do is a bit different:
    - I want to setup a few extensions in my SOHO environment (approx. 3)
    - I currently use a Linksys SPA3102 to connect an Analogue phone to the Voipbuster service (for international calls only).
    - For local calls, I use my normal PSTN line.

From a 3CX perspective, I'd like to achieve the following:
    - get my extensions going (I will use only SIP hardphones + perhaps softphones) [on 3CX]
    - use my Linksys SPA3102 to interface to Voipbuster + PSTN
    - use a dialplan to send International calls (with 00 prefix) to VoIP, and Local (Ox prefix) to the PSTN

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction - is this even achievable?

I see the SPA3012 as being supported by 3CX - but I don't know how to proceed further!

Any and all assistance/suggestions/feedback is most appreciated.

Cheers,
    DNAX

2. Henk

Henk Member

Re extensions, use the manual that comes with 3CX, should work. The principal is to create an extension and than transfer that information to your SIP phone (eg. username, password etc).

Should be possible, Voipbuster registration is entered in 3CX as it will come direct from your modem into 3CX it is not routed through SPA3102. PSTN is captured by SPA3102 and then routed to 3CX. In 3CX you have to setup both Voipbuster and the information from the SPA310 (it will act like a voip provider if you like).

Dialplans... why not use a prefix eg 0 for pstn 1 for international?

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dnax

Hi Henk - many thanks for your suggestions and guidance. Please see below - just testing that my understanding is correct!

OK - that makes a lot of sense - I've looked a bit deeper into this now,and I'm pretty confident it's straightforward enough.

OK - If I get what you're suggesting, I just follow the setup guide for SPA3102 as per the setup guide in the 3CX site, and I will then get incoming from the PSTN, and outgoing to the PSTN + the link to the 3CX system. What I am unclear is do I enter Voipbuster login info in the SPA3102 or in 3CX?

I'm trying to maintain a traditional phone experience - so users just dial the phone as if they were using POTS - I'm hoping the clever magic can be performed by 3CX - what do you think? That way, my users just dial 0x for a local call and 3CX routes it to the PSTN, and when they dial 00x, it goes to Voipbuster. Make sense?

Cheers,
    DNAX

4. Henk

Henk Member

Voipbuster login goes into 3CX as Voip provider

sip server: sip.voipbuser..... (not sure what the one for voipbuster is)
    Sip server port: 5060
    Outbound proxy host : sip.voipbuster..... same as the sip server

Account details:
    External number (this is for clid)
    Autentication: username for voipbuster
    Password: password for voipbuster

You can dial 0 and do local calls, and 00 go to voip buster. How do they dial a number now eg 0+[full pstn number] ?
    3CX has outbound rules, for sure we can see if we can do something there. I have not used it extensive but there are guys and girls here who have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cjay

Cjay New Member

That's exactly the way I operate my system - when I switched over to 3cx+VoIP I needed to maintain an identical user experience for SWMBO.

I have my 3cx connected to a SPA3102 for incoming/outgoing PSTN calls (outgoing calls optionally via an indirect provider, not BT) and a VoIP provider (VoIPDiscount) for VoIP calls. Certainly for a UK based user you can integrate this in the form of 3cx outbound rules that requires no thought about which numbers go via which route/provider.
    In simplistic terms (and again with reference to a UK BT user), anything begining with:
    2, 3, 4,5, 6, 7 or 8 is a local call and gets routed to my VoIP provider (with the relevant local area code automatically inserted by 3cx)
    07 is mobile and gets routed to my PSTN line with indirect provider code automatically inserted
    08 is free or low-rate and routes direct to the SPA3102 PSTN with no indirect access code
    09 is barred!
    0 is everything else, long distance and international. Goes out on my VoIP provider.

I have 3 digit plan set for my 3cx extensions (so my internal extensions all start 1xx).

The only way that this does not exactly emulate my previous telephony setup is that:
    1) Calls to 3 digit numbers (like 150 for BT sales, 123 for clock etc) would be confused as internal 3cx extensions, so I have to prefix these calls with 9 which triggers another 3cx outbound rule.
    2) When dialling on IP phones, complete the dialling process with a #. [Actually this is laziness on my part, I have never really cracked the creation of internal dial plans on my various IP fixed & IP Cordless phones!]

Hope this helps.
    Chris

6. dnax

Henk, many thanks for responding so quick.

This clears it up for me - I just didn't get where it went in the grand scheme of things.

Excellent - that's exactly what I'm after - they dial 9 now to get an PSTN line, followed by 0xx or 00xx - so I guess I need to look for the 90x and 900x patterns as part of the plan/rules.

Thanks a million.

Cheers,
    DNAX

7. dnax

Chris, many thanks - this certainly helps. In fact, you just reminded me of the premium rate ones I want to bar - completely overlooked that one.
    I just had one further question - assuming you had your internal extensions setup in the 2xx range - would that solve the conflict with the external BT (100, 192, etc) numbers?

Cheers again,
    DNAX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.