Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Linux installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Elvin Mammadov, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elvin Mammadov

Hello,
    I have a little request. During 3CX Linux installation, it is asked to enter domain name. We don't have a Active Directory Domain name in our office. We have a domain name for our website (example.com) and external DNS for 3CX (pbx.example.com). Is it mandatory to enter a domain name? If yes, can I enter our website domain name? If no, can I leave it blank? In this link, it says to enter example.local. https://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-iso-debian/

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi,

If you have a single network in your office and you do not intend setting up a local Active directory or a DNS server that is connected to the Internet, then the domain name can be left blank. However, if you have a local domain ADC, DNS etc.. , you may require to add the machine in that domain and give it a name under the same domain.

3. Elvin Mammadov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.