Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Linux - Waiting for network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Elvin Mammadov, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elvin Mammadov

Hello,

I have installed 3CX LInux and selected "Configure Network Manually to set a static IP address" by pressing ESC button during installation. But after installation completed, a message comes up: Waiting for network. But when I select DHCP, eveything is going okay. I have tested it both in real and virtual machines. There is active internet connection though. In our network, we have disabled DHCP and assign ip addresses manually. Why this message comes up and prevents me for next steps?

#1 Elvin Mammadov, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. jmr

jmr

Assuming Hyper-V and installing from the ISO?

It drops the network config on the first reboot, you just need to boot in recovery mode, and add it back in to the config.

Was tearing my hair out for a while on this

3. Elvin Mammadov

I have burned ISO to cd and tested in PC and also either in vmware and dropbox, all of them gives the same message and waited for many hours, but nothing changed. I am really getting tired.

4. jmr

jmr

Have a snooze!

Boot into recovery mode, then enter the root password

Then

vi /etc/network/interfaces

You need to insert the IP as per below example

auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.0.2.7
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.0.2.254

Then type

shutdown -r now

And it will start fine

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Elvin,

If you are not familiar with vi command you can use nano /etc/network/interfaces. Also before do those changes please make sure that is a correct eth name/number of your network interface.

Helpful commands just in case:

ifconfig
    upload_2017-3-14_11-56-34.png

As mentioned above by jmr

and then

service networking restart or shutdown -r now
    I hope the above is useful to you. Also please let us know if it works for you or if you require any further information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.