3CX logg off while standby

Discussion in 'Android' started by simran777, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simran777

Hello,

i installed 3cx on my smartphone Galaxy S3 mini. Unfortunatly it logged out if the phone goes in Standby!?

Whats the problem?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is most likely one of three things...

A setting that need to be changed., or

A power saving feature, of the particular phone model/Android version, that can't be changed, or

A possible conflict/interaction with another App you are running.

Not using that model myself, I'm not familiar with any differences that may exist in comparison to the Samsung model that I use.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I have the "Sprint" model.. I think something like SPH-L710..
    I am using the 3CX Phone for VoIP Providers app, mainly because of a bug in 3.0 with tunnelling.

No problems on standby for me.. 3G/4G(LTE) or WiFi.

4. simran777

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed. 2.0.5.. aka "3CX Phone for VoIP Providers".
    I tried 3.. but there appears to be a bug in the tunnel for outbound audio.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I find the App "UN-registering" at times too. It will be fine unless I open other applications, and seems to do so at random, so you are not alone. It seemed to stay connected to O2 (UMTS) in Germany for a few hours, then I opened my contact list to get a phone number, went back to the 3Cx phone and it was no longer registered for some reason. I hit register and was back in business.

7. anansath

Yes. This is happening to me also using Samsung Note 2. My local support telling due to battery saver etc... I have turn off any internal battery saver features that known to me.. But nothing doing.. still it goes unregistered from time to time.
    Still trial and error kind of testing. Just sharing...

8. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    As far as i can tell this is a problem that affects multiple android phones especially phones running on Android 4.1.2 . The issue is not limited to Samsung phones (and i can confirm that it happens on some HTC phones as well). Apparently due to some power saving features there is a chance that the WiFi connection will be lost when the phone is set to use the power saver mode, even if the option to keep WiFi always on when on power saving mode is activated. The best recommendation for now is to not use the phone in power saving mode but rather in full power mode. This issue seems to be prevalent in Android 4.1.2 phones than other Android versions. For Samsung phones some have found a solution by going into Service Mode (dialing *#0011#) and hitting menu and selected WiFi and turning off the option for power save mode, for others this has not worked. Thank you for your patience and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further inquiries.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.