Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX loses IP when building paths

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Martin.AIR, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin.AIR

Hello,
    Faced with a very weird issue.

SIP provider shows 404 returned from 3cx when routing inbound calls (outbound works fine)...
    -Turn logging to verbose, make test call
    -3CX gets the call, begins to route it to the IVR
    --3CX fails saying it can't build a route.

So I look closely.. and here is what it shows. No information is removed here, this is literally what it shows. Phone number has been changed for privacy.

Code:
    Call(C:97): Making route(s) from Line:10000<<+12223334444 to <sip:800@:5060>
    Followed by:
    Code:
    Call(C:97): No known route from Line:10000<<+12223334444 to target:<sip:800@:5060>
    Obviously this is a problem, it should show
    Code:
    Call(C:97): Making route(s) from Line:10000<<+12223334444 to <sip:800@10.0.5.2:5060>
    (see the missing internal IP address)

Running on Linux, latest stable version.

The first time this happened, I made a backup, uninstalled, purged, reinstalled, restored backup. All was well.
    Now, it happened again. I haven't touched the install in over a week, wake up, same issue, same cause. I had auto backup turned on for once a week, so I restored the backup from a few hours beforehand, and now it is working again.

I'm really confused by what could cause this and what the best way to fix this is.
    Ideas?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Martin.AIR

The only similar cases we come across is when the PBX machine does not have a valid IP or if the machine changes IP or if the operating system starts and the services of the PBX load before the network settings load. Our developers are currently looking into this and are trying to find a way to prevent this from happening through the PBX. For now try restarting the PBX services if this happens again (not the machine) and see if that resolves your issue.

3. perfectcast

Hi YiannisH
    Thanks for posting that, I've had the same issue today on a new install, and your comment solved it for me..
    Restarting services solved the problem as did disabling any unused network adapter so after a reboot the issue did not appear again
    cheers
    Neil.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.