• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx loses license in Hyper-V cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmayer

Reaction score
Our 3cx server loses the license when doing live migration on a hyper-v cluster, or when shutting down and restarting on a different hyper-v server node. When this happens we are forced to reactive the license, and since that requires restarting the services all calls get dropped during the restart. Does anybody know anyway to fix this?

I've attached the error, thanks!

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 707
I beleive 3CX licensing is tied into the MAC address of the network interface.
When your VM is live migrating to another host, most likely the virtual MAC address is changed.

On the host hyper-visor where 3CX licensing works correctly, go into the 3CX VM settings and look for the current MAC address and set it to static so that it always remains the same regardless of the host it's running on.

Hi,

I'd have to agree with VDiesel. I belive that 3CX has a license to Mac count of 5 which gets verified against a 3CX website.

We run a 7 node HyperV cluster and build all our VM's using Static Mac addresses, the default setting is dynamic and have had mac address related issues before.

Thanks,

John

I've just installed SP6. for version 3CX10 on VMware vSphere. Previously it was working great!

I'm having a similar problem, although the error message is different, telling me my MAC has changed.

HELP !! =]

Attachments

• 3cx error.PNG
    3cx error.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 629
You just need to get in touch with 3CX sales, so that they can reset the MAC and IP address counters. We experienced the same issue once.

I hope that this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.