• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Mac client issue using USB Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenbaugh

Customer
Reaction score
Hello

We are in the final stages of testing a 3CX install, when we've come across an unexpected problem. The issue is that about half our mac users get one way audio when making calls using their mac client (latest version).

When they call another user, or an extensions voice mail, they can hear audio but not be heard by the other party.

It doesn't seem to be a PBX configuration issue as if the user unplugs their USB headset and restarts the 3CX client then the audio is heard and received, i.e. works normally. I have tried all the normal things, checking system preferences, audio in the 3CX client an no combination seems to work.

Their headsets work for Skype etc, and will work using the Bria SIP client configured for the extension, just not the 3CX native client.

Now the weird things is, this doesn't affect all our Mac users. My 3CX on 10.10.3 works fine using my USB headset (logitech Clear chat H390) but another user on the same system and using the same headset (or even mine) it does not work for.

All mac clients are using logitech Clear chat H390, some work, others don't and a combination of 10.10.3 and 10.9.x.

Has anyone else had this issue, and can anyone give some guidance as to what I could try.

Thanks
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.