3CX Mac client issues

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by TomB, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomB

I have two issues with the Mac client V15.1.1.112

- If type into the searchfield any text or number, I can not see the cursor. When I use the arrow keys to move to a cursor the left. e.g. to put the non visible cursor in to the middle of the string, it does nothing. When you press the delete key, you will notice it still deletes the text from the last character of your string..

- Calling numbers with E.164 format do not replace the + with a 00

I tried this solution mentioned in this thread:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...arting-with-plus-sign-for-country-code.52510/

"Can you try the option replace + with 00 under Windows Client > Settings > Configure Accounts > Click on the Active account > Advance settings > Select the Option " Replace + with 00""

But this option is not available in the mac client. (Note: Also the video options are missing which are present in the windows client)

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tom

- MAC client doesn't support video - so far, of all our softphones, only the Windows one does.
    - the keyboard issues you mentioned we were/are aware and a future UI redesign will hopefully solve them.
    - the 00 prefix. Well, my advice is: manage properly the E.164. It's not a cheap advice: for you it looks more convenient (and obvious) the 00 prefix because you have the softphone in one hand and the management console in the other hand. But, now consider you have your PBX in USA, 50 extensions of which 20 in Germany. You realize you cannot send 50 mails to the corresponding customers telling them what prefix to set manually in their clients everytime when you configure your provider - based on the fact that when one in Germany dial a mobile number without country prefix is assumed to be a call in Germany, while one in US - in US :)

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.