Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3CX mail configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mahmoud, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahmoud

hello gents

i have install Linux 3cx iso hosted on ESXi 6.5 and i have one issue i couldn't fix, i checked all the posts related to this subject but nothing happen

the problem is configuring Gmail SMTP in the 3cx Managment panel it always give this message

" The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure"

and i tried to configure other mail server such as Hotmail or our exchange but i couldn't make it work

could you please help me on this

2. andreaschr

Hi Mahmoud,

Can you please do the following.

Login on the Machine and perform Update&Upgrade

execute the following CMDs from the terminal

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

Let us know if that works for you.

P.S do you have anything that sits in between the PBX and the SMTP Server(ex. Firewall), that's replacing the certificate?

mahmoud likes this.
  3. mahmoud

thanks a lot
    its work for me

4. Steve Li

Hi, I'm having the same issue but with my own mail server. I have tried the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but still having the same errors. I am positive that my mail server is working as it works with other services. I do have a router between the internet and the mail server but it is not replacing the certificates. I am running the latest 3cx linux version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.