• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Management Console Service will not Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgllewellyn

Reaction score
Hello,

In the last 2 days I have encountered an issue where the 3CX Management Console service refuses to start with the error 'The service did not respond to the control request in a timely fashion'.

I followed this article http://www.3cx.com/docs/504-gateway-time-out/ to no avail. My server is fully patched. I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 in a Hyper-V VM.

Nothing of relevance appears to be entered into the System or Application Event Logs that would indicate why this behaviour is happening.

Any assistance/insight would be greatly received, please let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks,

Kai

I had this problem when I first installed, and it was the C++ 2015 runtime wasn't completely installed. If it has been running already, maybe something else deleted or corrupted one of the runtimes ?

No luck so far, just reinstalled VC++ 2015 Runtime and the problem still persists.

Same problem here.
The Installation is only a week old !!!

2008 R2 fully patched in a VMWARE VM.

After rebooting the Server 3CX stopped working with 504 Gateway Time-out error . . . :evil:

I had similar type issue. Ensure that the 3CX services are all started. Even though mine were set to automatic, some inexplicably stopped. I went to the Windows services applet and ended up changing the start-up status for the affected services to Automatic (Delayed start), particularly, the Management console service. This seemed to eliminate the issue.

Reactions: pmv800
Changed Management console to "Delayed start" and rebooted the Server, with no success : - (

What do you mean with "affected services" ? All of the 3CX services?

All services are with status "Startet"

EDIT
I've set all of the 3CX Services to Delayed start with no success now :-(

I tried setting the service to Delayed Start to no luck.

But I did resolve it! I remember just before it stopped working, I decreased the amount of RAM allocated to the server from 5GB to 2.5GB as it was only using 1.8GB. For some reason after doing that the management console refused point blank to start.

I upped the allocation to the VM to 3.5GB RAM and it started working again, despite using less that 2GB. Rather annoying though as I'm needlessly wasting resources.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: pmv800
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.