3CX Media Server Modes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arayanz, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arayanz

Hi,
    I am testing 3CX on vmware with public ip a.b.c.d and public 192.168.20.11
    My SIP client is on the main PC (running vmware) 192.168.20.6
    My 2nd SIp client on another machine with 192.168.20.7
    However I have my router DMZ to the local ip address 1.e a.b.c.d ---> 192.168.20.11
    Now my clients (eyebeam) are configured with a.b.c.d:5060 and they are registering OK with the sip server.
    I am having two issues:
    1st: Media setup betwen the clients is through the server itself. I can see through the wireshark (packet capture). However the SIP signaling debugs shows that both clients are using internal ip address.
    Why 3CX is in the media flow when the both clients are internal only?
    2nd: I also get sometime 499-vmtemplate "caller is forbidden". Is there a problem with 3CX on vmware? I am testing because i dont have physical hardware machine for now and that is easiest solution for me.
    Please kindly help.
    Aray

2. arayanz

I found the problem to the vmtemplate error. It seems that PBX itself was unable to route outside of network (due to internal ip settings).
    After that was fixed, error is no more. However I am unable to understand that why two ip address (internal) are not talking directly with each other and media is going through the 3CX.
    Is there a setting on the 3CX itself to make that happen?
    Please kindly assist as I want end points to talk directly or if this is no possible with 3CX?
    Thanks.

3. pjr

pjr New Member

Check in the extension setup for each extension under the "Other" tab and ensure "PBX delivers Audio" is unchecked

Also read this article to ensure the PBX is treating the call as internal

http://www.3cx.com/support/internal-external-call.html

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.