3CX Media Settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randika, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi

How can I set 3cx to deliver media traffic (RTP) through end devices (not through the server). Currently all our media traffic is going through the PBX server. So the server need high processing power. According to 3cx documentation there is Bypass – Direct Mode (which can deliver audio between end devices bypassing the server when they are in same subnet).

Can anyone help me how can I configure that ?

Thanks

Randika

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Possibly -

Take a look at the extension in the 3CX management console under options. If PBX delivers audio, then the system is handling the transcoding. Unchecking this should allow the phone to handle, but there may be some caveats -

If there are any phones connected externally to the system, then sometimes you may need the PBX to deliver audio depending upon the firewall and configuration.

You may need to experiment with "supports re-invites" as this too may cause some issues with external audio (the SDP could conceivably provide connect info using the internal (private) IP of the phone which may then cause one-way or no audio.

You will simply need to uncheck the PBX provides audio and then test various scenarios using your conditions.

3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

If you are using SIP Trunking then most likely all that audio is going through the server since the server is the connection point to the carrier.
    We use Sangoma SBC units for this.
    It allows the Sangoma unit to be connected to the carrier. Then the RTP traffic passes from the phone to the sangoma directly without having to go through the server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Randika

Hi All

Thanks for your replies. I have untick the PBX deliver audio check box in the extension. However, the RTP traffic is still going through the server (confirmed with wireshark). I am just referring internal call within the same network. I can understated that all external calls (RTP) should go via the PBX because we use SIP trunks. Our system consist of

Grandstream 2100 phone
    seperate VLAN for voice and data
    3cx version 12.

Our system is having lots of internal calls and I just want the media traffic to flow between end devices rather than going via the 3cx server. So the 3cx can only handle the media traffic for external calls.

Can anyone help me with this

Thanks a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.