• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Mikrotik No Audio Through SIP Client On Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

buschconsulting

Reaction score
Hi All,

We have a 3CX system setup using Mikrotik RB450 and everything is working for normal calls except for Media-5 SIP Client calls and Skype calls. Previously, we had a Linksys BEFSX41 router in place and did not have issues. The SIP clients are on Android phone devices and it connects to the system fine, but when calls are made or received, there is no audio on both ends. The SIP Client uses the normal UDP 5060 port and the UDP 5070 port which I have added to the NAT config.

For Skype, making a skype call has issues both ways for specific phones. We are using Polycom soundpoint 550 phones with same firmware versions, but 3 phones work with no issue while 3 others do not have audio both ways, reset the phones, but issue still remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need some pointers, thanks.

Thank you,
Libert

Try disabling SIP NAT helper into IP | firewall | service ports.

Regards

Hi eagle2,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I have done that already, I had issues with our internal phones originally for the longest time not being able to have inbound calls from outside DIDs and finally disabled the SIP Helper and it was working.

Thinking the system was now working, I didn't test the SIP Clients or remote phones which all failed. SIP Tunnel connections work fine, but with 3CX SIP client for smartphones is not very stable on different smartphones makes/models and so I can't use it. The only SIP client for smartphones which has been stable for us was the Media5-fone across all the smartphones we used, until switching to Mikrotik.

If you have any other suggestions, I would be open to anything at this point.

thanks in advance,
Libert

On latest Androids (4.0+) try built-in SIP client (internet calling from call settings) or CSIPsimple (from GooglePlay). Both of them are saving battery life and working fine, even able to make video calls with CSIP, nevertheless the video is still beta version.

Depending on internet access you may not need even to configure STUN server, 3CX version 11 supports as STUN the PBX itself on port 5060, i.e. you may use: Public_IP_of_your_PBX:5060 as a STUN server. However, my experience is in the majority of cases you don't need to set STUN, neither proxy for your SIP client.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.