3cx missing basic pbx feature

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jerricho, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerricho

We have 1 3cx install and we would be adding another if they would add 1 simple feature.

The ability to have multiple greetings per extension.

Our current outdated Toshiba PBX allows the user to have multiple greetings stored in the system. They can come in on Monday and setup a new greeting for every day of the week. They can set an away greeting for days that they will be out of the office and have it automatically switch back on the next day or the same day if they are returning that day. Mind you it is a little cumbersome to setup, nonetheless the feature is there.

We're replacing that Toshiba system with a Cisco system that has similar features.

3CX would be our choice if it had this.

I'd put this on ideascale but I can't remember my password and the forgot password option never sends me another email. Not to mention that there is stuff on there that has been in progress for 2 years and isn't complete.

3cx is a great product, but I feel it is missing fundamental features.

It's a shame really, 3cx is much more affordable than Cisco. :(

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think I read some rumblings of this being in the works on the ideas forum 3cx.ideascale.com

Oops - looks like it is for Holiday greetings right now... It is in there with 200 votes - but not set to in review or in progress :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While it is quite common to have an extended absence greeting, that can be quickly substituted for the "regular" message. I haven't seen any systems, myself, that give you that sort of flexibility.

If you've discovered that something may be in the works, for the next 3CX release, then keep your fingers crossed.

4. efounco

efounco New Member

I agree. At the very least, 3CX should have an option of recording/switching between more than a single greeting. Heck, my $40.00 answering machine has this option. :)

3CX does a lot of things very well, but it seems that the developers forget/neglect some of the most basic features to focus on others...

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It's extremely easy to do...

Create a second phantom extension for yourself, have a different voicemail greeting in there. DO NOT provision a phone for it and simply modify one of the custom statuses on your real extension. Custom 1 will fwd the call to the phantom extension and you will get the VM on your e-mail. Simple and easy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I can't setup a second extension for every person who asks for this. It's too much to maintain. And what if the person doesn't use vm to email?
    And the number can't be hidden from the directory so now people might start dialing the person on this number on a regular basis.

I hope 3cx adds this much requested feature...

7. efounco

efounco New Member

I agree. The dummy extension solution is a band aid. Having to create 2 - 3 dummy extensions per user would be a total cluster. Also, I know that 3CX is purposely trying to get away from having to use dummy extensions.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Never was and will never be... "dummy" extensions allow to implement complex routing strategies and nobody plans to restrict this functionality :)

About topic:
    So, 3CX is already your choice just because it has this feature but (as well as others)
    Hint (see RecVmail.vxml):
    <prompt bargein="true" timeout="1ms">
    <audio expr="'Funcs.aspx?func=vm_greeting_msg&amp;ext='+VMBox" />
    </prompt>

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.