3CX Mobile app just does not work

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Prometheus DBA, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prometheus DBA

Hi,

Are there any other people how experiance that the 3CX mobile app (on android) is just not working as it should?

1. Regular the app does not come up when there is an incomming call (I can reproduce this on any android device with any version).

Yes, I have configured the Google API for this. No, I don't shut down the app with the option "Ignore PUSH". Me and my collegues just use our phones like regular people and just normaly close the apps.

2. When making calls using a mobile number (not using the 3CX app) and there is an incomming call trough the 3CX app, you hear beeping and the regular phone call gets disconnected. (I can reproduce this on any android device with any version).

I have no idea what to do with this.

I addition, we are currently looking into using other apps, to see if they work better. But this is not ideal. Please help us solve these problems.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please provide your phone model, Android Version, 3CX Client Version and PBX version.

For point #1, you'll have to troubleshoot this on your own by setting the PBX's logs to verbose via your PBX Management Console > Activity Logs > Settings > Verbose and troubleshoot by checking the dialer logs and/or other logs.

In regards to point #2. If you could set your 3CX app to verbose mode by going to More > Settings > Advanced Settings > Verbose Logging. Reproduce the issue, then go to Advanced Settings again and "Send Report" with this thread's title.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prometheus DBA

The phones i'm trying this all on are the following:

Huawei mate 10 pro - Android 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy S7 - Android 7.1
    Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 7.0
    OnePlus 3T - Android 7.0

All have installed the latest 3CX app version available in the dutch Google Play store. For point 2 I'll reproduce the problem today and send you the logs as requested.

For point 1, I can do this and I have done it before but I was never able to pinpoint the problem. Is there anything specific I have to look for?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Regarding point 1, please let us know the exact build version of your PBX. You can find that on the Dashboard under Information column.
    Is the server local or hosted? If local can you reproduce the issue on the local wifi?

5. Prometheus DBA

I can reproduce this on the wifi no problem at all. I use version 15.5.6354.2

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you using your own google project? If so then please navigate to Dashboard / Push Account and delete the credentials you have there. Click OK. The account should now say 3CX account. Send new welcome emails to the affected devices and re-provision them using the new welcome emails. Try replicating the issue again.

7. Prometheus DBA

Hi @YiannisH_3CX is send you the fault report for problem nr. 2.

8. Prometheus DBA

@cjkoll, what happens is, when I have a voice call a 3CX call comes through. When I decline the 3CX call the normal voice call goes silent, and seconds after that the voice call gets disconnected.

9. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

FYI - on some models Sprint has a new feature called Calling Plus that can enable WiFi and LTE calling, which then enables internet during cell calls. (LTE Calling is currently in beta.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.