• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifoso

Reaction score
Hi,

how does the mobile app communication is working if somebody roaming from a internal WLAN to 3G/4G network.

I made some tests:
- Wifi only -> Connection to 3CX and communication is possible
- 3G/4G only -> Connection to 3CX and communication is possible
- Roaming from Wifi to 3G/4G during a active call. -> Communication will be lost
- Roaming from 3G/4G to Wifi during a active call. -> Communication will be lost

Should it work?

BR, Silvan

Hi Silvan

Unfortunately, will not work; this is by design, due to complexity of the cases to be covered: calls being in transfer/incoming/calling, 3G/4G not allowed, unauthenticated captive WiFis, WiFi/3G/4G blocking all ports except standard (80/443) ones, and so on.

Regards
vali

But i use the same ports. 443
clip_image002.gif

I can connect from outside only if I change the carrier I lose the connection.

443 has nothing to do with the call, 5060 or 5090 are involved. And some carriers and public WiFis may block these or some certain transports.

sorry that is a internal WIFI and I understand the difference between the communications. ;-)

repeat:
- Wifi internal only -> Connection to 3CX and calls are possible
- 3G/4G -> Connection to 3CX and calls are possible

that means the network and firewall configuration is correct.

If I change during a call the location from WIFI internal to outside (go out of the company). the mobile phone connect to 3G/4G and lose the active call.

question:
is roaming possible during a call?

I answered already:
Unfortunately, will not work; this is by design.

okey :-(
i will put it to ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.