Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Mobile apps push issues and idea of solution

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Michal Knezourek, Dec 15, 2017.

3cx Mobile apps push issues and idea of solution 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. Michal Knezourek

Hi,
    as everybody knows, push is a little bit unstable on mobile devices, especially on Apple.
    We use 3cx APP on 100 iPhones, and sometimes call does not start ringing, etc...

I have one idea - can you send push for incoming call multiple times? Cause I discovered, that missed call push message is ALWAYS delivered. the same for next call ringing after first call missed.
    It has something to do with roaming between wifi/cellular, etc.. when push channel is not established and first push is not delivered.

If you send push multiple times while ringing, it will work almost 100% I hope..

What do you think about it? :)

Michal

B.Fluehmann likes this.
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Let's assume my iPhone client is assigned to your PBX, device locked. Meanwhile, on the Management Console, for administrative purposes, you change my pasword. Now somebody calls me. How many push messages will be required for a successful incoming call and how many for a successful missed call notfication?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michal Knezourek

Hi Vali,
    I don't understand changing password. If I change password, push will (or not) work "normally", but call cannot be answered because clients is not able to authorize to pbx...

From my tests, second push message solves 90% of problems... I think it should be great to send push message for incoming call for example every 2-5 seconds.. if a call is already ringing, app will ignore it... if not, will start ringing (same id of call, etc...?).. and everybody will be happy :)

missed call notification are mostly received correctly, because missed call notification is coming AFTER incoming call notification.. so it's always at least second push message.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, then a different scenario:

You're in an airport and your iPhone connect to its public WiFi which blocks all ports except standard ones: how many times the PBX should send the incoming call push in order to be "ring"-ed by the 3CX client?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michal Knezourek

Hi Vali,
    As my experiences, two pushes will solve 90% problems. I think, there must be some delay between them.
    Let's send push on beginning of call and then every 2 seconds while the call is ringing until it's answered or timed-out.

6. Michal Knezourek

Vali: Have you seen my last reply? Thank you :)