Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx mobile existing contacts dial 0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scrollz, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrollz

we have dial a '0' to get an outside line - which is fine.

i entered all our contacts into the company phone book and prefixed a '0' onto the number as i added them.

3cx phone has pulled all other contacts from the mobile phones phone book - BUT these are not prefixed with the '0' so i cant use them contacts in 3cx

so, is there a rule that would get me around this? or is it easier/better to remove the '0' for a line ?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Unfortunately no prefix can be automatically added to the phone contacts imported, please post this as a feature request on 3CX Ideas : http://www.3cx.com/ideas
    In the meantime, you will need a matching outbound rule for those contacts numbers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on where in the world you are located, it may be easier to add a prefix to all of the contacts (or most) in your phones directory, a prefix that can be used by your mobile provider and be easier to work with in the 3CX outbound rules.

For instance, in North America, many mobile providers will accept a local or national number, with, or without a "1" as the first digit. If this worked with you provider you could prefix all of your contacts with a 1, then, in 3CX, you could create a rule that can deal with any number starting with 1 and is 11 digits long. The 1 can be stripped and a zero prefixed. You can also specify that this rule is only used by certain extension numbers if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.