3cx mobile existing contacts dial 0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scrollz, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrollz

we have dial a '0' to get an outside line - which is fine.

i entered all our contacts into the company phone book and prefixed a '0' onto the number as i added them.

3cx phone has pulled all other contacts from the mobile phones phone book - BUT these are not prefixed with the '0' so i cant use them contacts in 3cx

so, is there a rule that would get me around this? or is it easier/better to remove the '0' for a line ?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Unfortunately no prefix can be automatically added to the phone contacts imported, please post this as a feature request on 3CX Ideas : http://www.3cx.com/ideas
    In the meantime, you will need a matching outbound rule for those contacts numbers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on where in the world you are located, it may be easier to add a prefix to all of the contacts (or most) in your phones directory, a prefix that can be used by your mobile provider and be easier to work with in the 3CX outbound rules.

For instance, in North America, many mobile providers will accept a local or national number, with, or without a "1" as the first digit. If this worked with you provider you could prefix all of your contacts with a 1, then, in 3CX, you could create a rule that can deal with any number starting with 1 and is 11 digits long. The 1 can be stripped and a zero prefixed. You can also specify that this rule is only used by certain extension numbers if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.