• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented 3CX Mobile softphone to support video

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CX-IDEAS

Customer
Reaction score
3cx mobile softphone for Iphone and Android to support video

Upvote 110
Please - for mobiles, and Windows.

+ 1 YES. So So So interested in Mobile Clients for Doorphones!

Currently using other mobile clients because I need video for door station. Please include it in both clients as I much rather be using the 3CX app.

Yes, please H264!

Yes please, good idea, my clients ask me for this functionnality!

+1 and really want the H264 support added as well.

Agree and with H264 included on Mobile SoftPhone and in the Windows SoftPhone. Can see that we can use H263 & H264 in 15.5 SP6 Beta but only in the WEBClient.

Thanks.

I think this being added to the WebClient is where it will stay. From what I am reading, they are not deprecating the soft phones, but development may be limited.

+1

What release will this feature be added to? just wondering on time frames as this feature will help with some sales i'm working on.

any news on this? While I not think this will be a features widely used for calling, it would be a really great thing for door phones - windows RT is dead, and also Windows Tablets are dead. Using a simple Android tablet as a door phone would be a good thing.

If you additionally make this feature compatible with Yealink T58V, it would be a major asset.
In 2018 we must be able to offer this kind of solution.

+1
h.264 at an absolute minimum, h.265 best as many newer handsets support it.

+1 again, another vote for smooth integration with video doorbells and deskphones. *should* just be a codec compatability thing..

For video doorbells, make sure the keypad can easily be brought up because usually there is a dial code to unlock to make them inter-operable.

Is there a chance we see that in the next release? it not only would be interesting for doorbells but also for things like remote support when you have to guide someone on site to replace/repair things and you have to guide him. He can then show you the environment using the phones camera.
It is already possible if you use the webclient on android, but the webclient on the phone is hard to operate (another argument for having a seperate Windos native client!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.