Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx more provisioned Phones for Extension Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

Hello,
    I have provisioned 2 Phones for my Extension (Yealink T48G and Yealink T42G), but in "Phones" I see, that booth Phones have same MAC Address, but different IP and Phone Type + FW (In Extension / Provisioning booth Phones have different MAC).
    And when I click in "Phones" on "Config" button, I see everytime only config for T48G (first phone).

Is it possible register to one Extension more Phones or this is bug.
    Thank you

2. Tomas Raska

Nobody from 3cx?

3. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Tomas,

Regarding the above, the management console (at Phone tab) by design keeps the mac of the phone provisioning (mac, model, fw ,etc..) which it has nothing to do with the SIP flow or to interfere the communication between IP Phones and 3CX phone system.
    The system takes the user agent details during registration and check if this user agent (ua) is listed for the user (extension). Now if you have two phones of the same model and vendor on the same extension number, the system take the first mac address that match with the first phone at the phone list under the specific extension. However, this is not happened if you are using different IP phone vendor. Please note this is a known issue and we are working to get it completely addressed in a future service pack. Please note again this is visual issue and not functional issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.