• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX muffled voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchervy

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone,
I come to this forum, because I have a small problem with the voice quality on 3CX.
All incoming and outgoing calls are muffled.
Even IVR and voicemail seem to be muffled.
I made some changes to the codecs, but still nothing... the quality is the same.

In the 3CX logs, I don't see any indicators to determine where the problem comes from.
Customers use Yealink T46S, W52P and T38 phones or software phones.
The 3CX "server" is a Windows 10 with 2 CPUs and 4 GB of RAM connected with a SN4171 patton
There are no QoS on the network.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions regarding this problem?
thank you in advance

"Muffled" isn't usually the word used to describe network caused voice issues.

So... is this only on outside calls? Calls through the Patton gateway? How are set to set calls?

Did this just "start" at some point, or has it been this way since install? Was there any update to the gateway software?

All calls (internal between two extensions and external).
He's had this behavior since the installation.
One thing I noticed, the recipients ( external) can hear us very well.

The patton is at the latest version.

I'm assuming that all sets are local to the server...

So as it is happening between extensions, this probably eliminates the Patton. Are you using the 3CX soft phones? Does it happen between two of those? Do you use any Android, or iphone 3CX Apps, internal or external? If so,, does it happen between them?

You said here had been "changes' to the Codecs. Have you tried forcing the sets to use (only making available) g711a and/or g711u, or, is there an attempt to use low bit-rate codecs on the system for some reason?

Has an attempt been made to eliminate/bypass any switches/other devices, on the network?

Yes, most users use the softphone. We have the problem as much between two softphones.
We do not currently use the software on android/iphone

I tried to force different codecs, such as g.729 or g.711, but nothing works.

I look at switches and other network equipment.
We connected two softphones to the same switch..... always the same result.

Do you happen to use the same make/model headset on all softphones? Perhaps a hardware issue?

Headphones and microphones of different brands.
1 W52P and a T46S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.