Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Multi Location Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris50, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris50

I'm looking at theoretical setup of 3cx in a multi location business. 10 locations ranging from 3 users to 80 users each. Not a call center but high volume usage. While a single central 3cx server would help minimize maintenance and config, I'm not sure it would be best bet for this design.

Biggest concerns are limit of 50 shared parking (yes, that would be reached), very large number of ring groups (some locations would have 6+), different hours for some locations, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for single central server / vs location specific server? Network connection between branches is 10+ Mb so no issues there.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I don't really see what recommendations anyone can make for a single server given you already understand there are limitations that don't fit your business needs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chris50

Just double checking I'm not missing any viable workarounds that the more experienced could point out. I continue to learn more about VOIP daily and if/when this project becomes reality, I'll most likely reach out to a more qualified implementer.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

It's up to you finally, cost of several 3CX instances is higher than one larger license, but probably you don't have alternative. You may bridge your 3CX instances, if needed, via Internet or private VPN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.