3CX MyPhone - Cannonot Connect To Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ForbiddenSoul, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForbiddenSoul

I have just installed a fresh copy of 3CX Phone System. PBX is working as expected all softphones and regular phones provision and can make and receive calls.

Unfortunately 3CX MyPhone doesn't appear to be working correctly. I can connect to the mydomain:5000/myphone webpage, and the logon dialogue appears. I enter an extension and a password, and then an error appears
    (umm... that's me).

I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting this error, as I can't find any settings for 3CX MyPhone in the System Management console, all other features are working without a hitch, and the firewall checker passed all tests.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Should not have anything to do with firewall if you are on the same LAN and all of the sets are registering correctly.

Was this working previously, or was the re-install done because of this issue? Same version installed?

3. ForbiddenSoul

The feature was never working previously (or attempted) as we have just upgraded our systems to Windows 8 / Server 2012, and a brand new PBX was set up.

I was using version 10 before this post, but have just upgraded to version 11 to see if it would resolve the issue.

Now I am receiving a new error "A critical error occurred. Settings could not be loaded for the current extension. Contact 3CX Support" we are using IIS web server, not the internal one.

Any advice?

Oh yeah forgot to mention, we are currently using the free/trial version, must I register 3CX Phone System to use 3CX MyPhone?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Here is the link to a feature comparison between the free and paid versions.
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/

You seem to have changed just about everything so I'm not sure where the problem might be. I'm not sure if there are any compatibility, or special set-ups/configurations, when using the hardware that you are. So far I've avoided Windows 8 and don't use a server so I can't comment on any compatibility issues.

5. ForbiddenSoul

Well thanks for the help, but it's still not working after my third install of 3CX Phone system, I guess I will just have to do without.

Free version has 3CX MyPhone... just with no features other than allowing users to change their passwords and such, so I guess that can be done manually.

6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

have you changed the private IP for the pbx? If so that may be the reason the myphone app isnt connecting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.