3cx myphone issues with Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

We are experiencing an issue with 3cx MyPhone when answering calls in a ring group. We understand that 3cx MyPhone displays a random extension in the ring group whenever a call goes to the group. The problem we have found is that when a call is answered from an extension in this ring group when a random extension shows, the call is unable to be transferred or parked using 3cx MyPhone. Also sometimes when transferring a call, the caller goes to voice mail instead of the extension being transferred to. This is also happening within the ring group. Any ideas?

2. avx

avx

I am having the same issue, for what it's worth. :(

3. donhounsell

We have also had similar issues with MyPhone within a ring group. In fact some of my staff have stopped using MyPhone as it seems inconsistent whether the 'Transfer' feature will be available or not (sometimes it is disabled), and if a call is transferred whether it will ring the target extension or go straight to voice-mail.

4. avx

avx

This is a critical loss for us and I would think that it would be the same for more users... Surely more than a handful of sites have a Ring Group that multiple people can answer then transfer to the appropriate extension.

For now we have reverted to Transfer/Blind Transfer on the phone keypad.

Is there an ETA for this to be fixed, or is it broken by design???

5. avx

avx

6. avx

avx

UPDATE: I was contacted by 3CX this morning within minutes of my prior post. We set up an impromptu support session and found that there is an issue specific to my deployment with Cisco SPA504 phones.

I was running an earlier firmware (7.4.6) which has a known incompatibility (or at least issue). I was advised to upgrade to the latest firmware, 7.4.8a which I did this afternoon (I love being able to do firmware updates through 3CX!). The upgrade went smoothly and I am now able to transfer calls via drag-and-drop in the Myphone application on our desktops.

I was advised that there might be an instance where the drag-and-drop transfer may stop working but that simply logging out of MyPhone and back in should fix it. I have not experienced this yet (it's been working for a couple of hours thus far) but I've instructed our users to be aware of the potential.

I was told that this is a known issue with a patch in the works by the 3CX team, but at this time I am happy to report that the system is working well for me.

Thank you 3CX Support!!!

7. t4mack

That's great to here. Hopefully the patch will be release soon.

8. Meekles

Same issue.

We do have a SPA525G2 but it's running the updated 7.4.8 firmware. I thought it might be that our Yealink T28P phones were a firmware revision behind but I updated them this morning and the issue is still happening sporadically. I've submitted a ticket with 3CX support so I'll post back what I hear from them.

Cheers

9. t4mack

You here anything back from support? I have found this issue to be with 3cx MyPhone,and not the phones themselves. As we can transfer from the phones just fine. It only happens when the ring group is showing as having the call and not the extension. I contacted support about the issue, but it remains unresolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.