3CX MyPhone no longer working after upgrade from 10 to 11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phouillon, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phouillon

Hi All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. After the upgrade (we used the backup/restore to import our old settings in V10) none of our users can access the MyPhone utility. When a user tries to login, we receive the error "The current user has been Blocked. Please contact your administrator."

I have reviewed every setting I can think of, but I cannot find anything showing that our extensions are restricted. All of the checkboxes on the "Other" tab are clear. Meaning, the "Turn off 3CX MyPhone" option is NOT selected. The "Disable Extension" is also NOT selected.

Lastly, we are using abyss under the enterprise V11. Any ideas why this is suddenly now an issue after the upgrade?

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Re: 3CX MyPhone no longer working after upgrade from 10 to 1

You choose which web server you want to use on install (depending on your OS you may not get the option)

But if you did an uninstall then install on the same box, then you have the same setup but you missed the setting to use IIS. But your 3cx from back up has IIS as the server in its config

I would uninstall again, do a clean install with IIS as the server and then do the "use existing settings" and use the old v10 backup again. Should work this time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mixig

mixig Active Member

is your 3cx web server working? can you open 3cx via browser?

4. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

It would be an ideea to check IP Black list from Settings->Security.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. phouillon

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay, but thank you for suggestions. Here's the deal:

* We were running V10 with Abyss (not IIS)
    * I backed up the settings using the backup tool
    * I fully uninstalled 3CX per the instructions online.
    * I installed V11 on the same server (no changes to the server at all)
    * During the install process I used the backup to restore the settings
    * 3cx server and all IP phones are on their own network with dedicated inet connection. No firewall of any kind is in place.
    *Corporate office computers are on a completely separate network with separate inet connection. These computers are sitting behind a firewall. We have no holes in the firewall for 3cx since this was never required in the past.

Just about everything works correctly. I can use the management console, web reports, etc, on the server with no problems. Your suggestion prompted me to try accessing the Myphone utility on the server itself, and this DOES work. For some reason, however, users can no longer access the Myphone utlity on our corporate network. They receive the error I detailed below when trying to access. When I try accessing the admin tool remotely, I see the spin icon then I'm forwarded to a blank page. The corporate and phone networks are completely separate.

This would make it fairly apparent that the webserver doesnt like requests coming from our office network, but I'm a bit stumped since this was not an issue before the upgrade. The 3cx server (and phones) were always on their own dedicated network with their own inet connection.

Have there been any changes where our corporate office must now allow traffic over certain ports? Any ideas what settings I'd look at on the server? Perhaps Abyss? Thank you guys very much for any insight!

6. phouillon

Any thoughts or suggestions?

7. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

The message "The current user has been Blocked. Please contact your administrator." occures only when a user try to enter a bad username and password more that 3 times or the IP address of that computer is blocked for some reason by Anti Hacking module. Try to telnet from a host computer to your server IP on port 5000. See if you get any response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.