• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX MyPhone regarding outgoing calls from Outlook**BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKoen

Reaction score
When I try to make a call using the Outlook integration of 3CX MyPhone it fails. I found out that this happens because I have a space in my phone number in my Outlook contact which 3CX translates to the HTML equivallent character %20 when sending it to 3CX PBX.

From my Outlook contact, I initiate the call:

The call fails and the 3CX PBX logs indicate the problem being the space in the phone number:

Since the space is added automatically by Outlook, I can't get the outgoing call to work. In my opinion 3CX MyPhone should just take out the space and possible separators (i.e. -)

Attachments

• 3CXOutlookCallContact.png
    3CXOutlookCallContact.png
    30 KB · Views: 756
  • 3CXOutlookCallLogs.png
    3CXOutlookCallLogs.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 756
Re: Bug in 3CX MyPhone regarding outgoing calls from Outlook

http://www.3cx.com/forums/initiating-call-from-outlook-2010-contact-failing-20085.html#p101220

This should answer your question. Same issue pretty much.

Thanks for the pointer. It indeed addresses the same problem. However, as sunstate already points out, the solution provided in that topic does not work. I'll continue posting in that topic to keep it together.

Thanks for this information - We will work on this with priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.