Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX MyPhone regarding outgoing calls from Outlook**BUG

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MrKoen, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKoen

When I try to make a call using the Outlook integration of 3CX MyPhone it fails. I found out that this happens because I have a space in my phone number in my Outlook contact which 3CX translates to the HTML equivallent character %20 when sending it to 3CX PBX.

From my Outlook contact, I initiate the call:

The call fails and the 3CX PBX logs indicate the problem being the space in the phone number:

Since the space is added automatically by Outlook, I can't get the outgoing call to work. In my opinion 3CX MyPhone should just take out the space and possible separators (i.e. -)

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Re: Bug in 3CX MyPhone regarding outgoing calls from Outlook

http://www.3cx.com/forums/initiating-call-from-outlook-2010-contact-failing-20085.html#p101220

This should answer your question. Same issue pretty much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrKoen

Thanks for the pointer. It indeed addresses the same problem. However, as sunstate already points out, the solution provided in that topic does not work. I'll continue posting in that topic to keep it together.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for this information - We will work on this with priority

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.