3cx needs services after reboot of server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John_in_NC, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_in_NC

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble. If my server restarts for any reason I find that no phones or trunks will re-register to my 3CX system even though all the services show running.

I must manually restart all 3cx services to get them to restart.

This is the one issue preventing me from purchasing. I would imagine it is as simple as setting dependency in the services startup or something.
    Anyone fix a similar problem?

Running Latest version 3CX with a Win2003 SBS with Exchange.

Thanks

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi John

It's the normal behavior for all SIP "servers": all SIP "clients" register themselves according to their own re-registration interval. Therefore, if you have a phone with 2 mins re-registration time, it will become "green" on PBX after max 2 min after you restarted the PBX; the fax service - after a max 5 min, and so on.

Hope it helps.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John_in_NC

Yes, I took into consideration the registration interval setting.
    But the issue remains. It can stay down all day and I discover it as as inbound voip calls are re-routed to my cellphone by my provider.

Once I restart all the already running services in 3CX the system comes back up.

4. carolinainnovative

John -

anything in eventvwr or (set to verbose) logs? This warrants further investigation.

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi John,

When a phone registers, it has an expiry or re-registration period before it attempts to re register, in this time both the PBX and phone assume they are registered, so pulling either off will not notify to check whether they are connected, so you will have to wait for ti to re register a max time on default phones can be anywhere between 60 minutes to 2 hours. You can change this if you so wish or simply restart your phone.

As for sip trunks , when the PBX comes back it up it should automatically re connect to all trunks, since it is the PBX that is doing the connction, if it is not I suggest restarting the phone system and sned us the verbose logs snippet of it starting up, let it run for 3 minutes before copying over all the logs.

Also you can ensure you System is in verbose mode prior to restarting ( as a restart is required for this setting to come into play) by going to the management console > Settings > Advanced > "Verbose logging"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. John_in_NC

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: 3CXPhoneSystem
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1
    Date: 6/29/2010
    Time: 8:58:57 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: GOOBA
    Description:
    [CM104001]: Registration at 'Gizmo' failed. Host 'sip:XXXXXXXXXXXX@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060' is not available!

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: 3CXPhoneSystem
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1
    Date: 6/29/2010
    Time: 8:58:58 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: GOOBA
    Description:
    [CM104001]: Registration at 'Iconnecthere.com' failed. Host 'sip:XXXXXXXXX@natrelay.deltathree.com:5060' is not available!

it's as if the system gets stuck.

7. wzaatar

My 2 cents on that:

I've seen this happening in a couple rare cases whereby you need to specify a DEPENDENCY of your 3CX service on your Network interface start-up.

I realize this can be a little complicated, what you can alternatively do is setup a scheduled script to restart the 3CX service AFTER your computer starts (like 3 minutes after or so). This will give enough time for the machine to boot and set all services up.

And so, go to your Scheduled Task and create a new task that runs after computer start-up (There is such type on the machine) and get the 3cx services to stop using the NET SERVICE STOP command then start using the NET SERVICE START command.

PM me if you want to go over this or you want to troubleshoot your services.

Cheers,

W.

8. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

You're right on. The 3CX services need to depend on service TCP/IP Protocol Driver. I have to add that dependency to the 3CX PhoneSystem Database Server every time I upgrade. The other services depend on the Database Server so if it must wait for TCP/IP Protocol Driver then the others wait on the Database Server.

I posted this ages ago (early V7 days).

9. John_in_NC

I tried setting it to boot after various services same issue.

The only way it will come up is if I restart the main 3cxphonesystem services after the system is up and running.
    Net Stop 3cxphonesystem did not work, tried it via command line.

Is there anyone runnign 3cx on a Win 2003 SBS? I would have thought that would be the most common box to run it on.

10. wzaatar

Please do this:

Get a command prompt.
    Do a "net start" and locate the 3CX Service.
    Do a net stop "3CXSERVICENAME" where 3CXSERVICENAME is the actual service, make sure to enclose it with a ".

W.

11. John_in_NC

I created the following bat file and called to it on my scheduler for startup routine:

net stop "3cx phonesystem" /yes
    REM Wait 40 seconds
    ping localhost -n 40 > nul
    net start "3cx phonesystem" /yes

When testing it manually it appeared to stop and start the services.
    After a reboot of the machine I noticed that I still have the same problem.
    Services are started but it cannot reach any SIP devices or trunks.

I'm wondering if I only need to restart on individual 3cx service like SIP and Tunneling and not the whole shebang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.