Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX No Audio in Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computerforce, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computerforce

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some quick advise.

We have a customer with 4 stores. (A main store and 3 sister stores). Sometimes calls going between the sister stores (Extension to Extension) end up with no audio. Mostly no audio both ways but sometimes one way.

They have Cisco routers and a always on SITE-SITE VPN back to the main office where 3CX V12SP6 is on a 2012 Server.

I saw after a bit of a google that the tick box "PABX delivers audio" might help.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Antony

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Certainly a network configuration issue.

Some recommend the SIP Proxy Manager at your branches.
    Assuming the PBX is in the main office.. are the branches set as remote extensions or local extensions? (is the address they register to the PBX WAN address or the LAN address)

I have gone either way, given their PBX was in a colo and some sites had a site-to-site VPN.. another did not.

Last.. a SIP ALG may help... or may hinder... your remote extensions. At home.. it helps a bunch between the soft phone on Windows, the soft phone on Android, and a handset.. all of which connect to different/muliple installs at multiple clients.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A single extension , alone, at each of the sister stores does not ring any alarm bells, and on the surface, should work. That said, it may be, as mentioned previously , a router setting at one, or more, of the sites. Do they all VPN back to the main store?
    Could there be any other VoIP devices deployed at the sister sites that might be "using" the voice ports?
    Besides the PBX delivers audio option, you might try (if not already set this way), giving each of the sister store phones a fixed IP and trying some port forwarding at the remote routers.

This is all being said, not being clear on your entire network set-up, so please keep that in mind.

4. cyberspot

Hi

I have succefull installed 3cx in 12 sites in the past with cisco routers and it worked just fine. You will have to be very carefull with routing and i will advise you to enable a routing protocol so all routers will know where are the other routers.
    Or you will have to make static routes in every router for every router that you have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. computerforce

Thanks for the reply guys!

Our Cisco's are programmed by a special company, we don't program them. I contacted 3CX and they recommended ticking that PBX Delivers audio and unticking the two under it.

We'll see if this help :)

6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

We always select pbx delivers audio for external handsets as default......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.