Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX not calling outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joel Black, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Black

Hi everyone!

Hoping someone may be able to help me.

I've been running 3CX Version 10 for some years (5-7) without any issues, how ever recently it's been causing issues and crashing so I installed V15.

I have a SIP Trunk with Engin in Australia and it is accepting incoming calls. All my extensions can receive and make calls internally and but cannot make outgoing calls.

I have a outbound rule set to stripe the 0 infront of the phone number (we use "0" to fail out) and in the older version this worked fine, however in the V15 our phones are getting the following error.

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
    Call or Registration to 4915xxxxx@(Ln.10000@Tommirock) has failed. 203.161.160.71 replied: 403 Authentication Failure; from IP:203.161.160.71:5060

i've tried many different extensions and Land and Mobile phone numbers with no luck.

thanks in advance for any information or help

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Joel Black ,

The error you are getting says "authentication failure", if the IP in the message is your providers IP then you should contact them to see why you get this message from them.

3. Joel Black

Thanks @AndreasP_3CX i'll give them a call

4. Joel Black

Hi @AndreasP_3CX, Just got off the phone with my Voip provider technical support and all checks out and works on their end.
    Would you have any other ideas i could check out?

Thanks again for your help.

5. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Joel Black ,

I will sent you a PM so you can provide me with some files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.