3CX not provisioning phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

    TCF

    Joined:
    May 6, 2015
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    2
    At one point it worked, but now I am unable to provision my Yealink T42 phone from within 3cx. 3CX sees the NEW phone. I have tried assigning an extension, but nothing happens on the phone. I have also put the 3cx provisioning link in the phone to no avail. The only thing that seems to work is manually provisioning from the phone web page using the login, password and server IP. I haven't tried to provision a phone for about 2 months and the only thing that has changed on the server is an Acronis Backup installation and a new Backup hard drive being installed. I have tried a couple different phones to make sure it's not just a faulty phone.

    Any suggestions or ideas?
     
  2. Charles_3CX

    Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2015
    Messages:
    114
    Likes Received:
    4
    Hi There

    When using the provisioning URL with 'https' your 3CX Phone system must have a 3rd party trusted certificate that the Yealink phone also supports the certificate authority that supplied the certificate. The same applies if you trying to configure from the Phones node within the management console.

    If you are using a self signed certificate then you can either set the Phone not to only accept trusted certificates from the Phones web interface, 'Security' tab > 'Trusted certificates' section, by setting the field 'Only accept trusted certificates' to 'Disabled' or changing your provision link to http. If you have installed with the Abyss web server and have port 5001 within your URL change this to 5000 when changing https to http. The first option is best as this will also allow you to auto provision the phone from the management console 'phones' node.

    Also you need to make sure that the T42G is using the correct firmware version, which for v14 is: 29.73.0.50 in order to provision this phone.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TCF

    TCF

    Joined:
    May 6, 2015
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    2
    I already have that disabled in my provisioning file so I went to my phones web console and disabled it there as well but still had no luck in auto provisioning, the phone doesn't even attempt to reboot when using 3cx to reprovision. All of my phones are on the newest firmware. I only use 2 models of Yealink's here the 42G and the 19P , several months ago I deployed 40 or so phones by assigning them extensions within 3cx and they all auto provisioned, yet when I try now it doesn't work. I can understand if it has never worked that I may need to do some tweaking, but it has me stumped as to why all of a sudden it doesn't work.
     
  4. PatrickTodd

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2016
    Messages:
    40
    Likes Received:
    6
    I just recently provisioned a bunch of T19P/E2s that acted similarly.

    First they had firmware that was not compatible, so I updated them via their web interface, reboot, reboot again, then I saw them under 'new' and assigned extensions, then again had to full reboot the phone to get the assignment to stick. Even so, I still have one of the phones coming up under new for some reason.
     
  5. TCF

    TCF

    Joined:
    May 6, 2015
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    2

    Unfortunately with my issue I can't even re-provision phones that were previously provisioned through 3cx. So in this instance I know it isn't a firmware issue. I'm starting to lean towards the program being corrupted. I'm also having weird things happen like getting automated reports from 3cx every hour nonstop, I have disabled all of the Server notifications in the Email section and changed the email to a spam catcher email and I still get them to my personal email.
     
  6. NickD_3CX

    NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2014
    Messages:
    1,322
    Likes Received:
    71
    In the Yealink interface in the Status page, there is the DNS server the Yealink is using.

    Try opening a command prompt, type nslookup. Then type: server <DNS Server the Yealink is using>
    after doing that type the FQDN you used for the provisioning link and see what IP it returns.

    If the Yealink is a local extension, it should return the servers Local IP.
    If the Yealink is a Remote extension, it should return the servers Public IP.
     

    Attached Files:

  7. TCF

    TCF

    Joined:
    May 6, 2015
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    2

    Thanks NickD ! I didn't think DNS would be a problem since nothing was changed in the router or DNS Server but I found the culprit and it did the trick.
     
  8. NickD_3CX

    NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2014
    Messages:
    1,322
    Likes Received:
    71
    Glad to hear you got it sorted.

    Locking Thread.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.