• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX not starting after installing Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus DBA

Customer
Reaction score
So, my colleague comes to me this morning and tells met the 3CX client on his computer is not working. I walked with him and checked his computer and whatever we did, the 3CX client would not start (also not running in the background). He told me this behaviour came after he installed Skype to attend in a business meeting.

What is did so far to fix the problem;
- Check the windows event viewer for errors, no errors found regarding the 3CX client
- I downloaded the latest version of the 3CX client and did a repair. No effect
- I removed the and reinstalled the 3CX client. No effect
- I removes the 3CX client, cleaned the registry and the programdata folder and reinstalled. No effect
- I put the 3CX client in compatibility mode. No effect
-I removed Skype and 3CX from the client, and only reinstalled the 3CX client. No effect

The problem is still the same, the 3CX client installed whiteout any problems but it won't run. My colleague uses a private device (BYOD) with Windows 10 Home installed on it. He has the latest security updates, and an up-to-date antivirus.

Does anyone have a clue?

Greets,
Jeffrey

no one has any idea?

Currently, have 200+ users using both and haven't had any issue.
shall try installing skype after 3cx and ill get back to you if i get any weird findings.

Well I don't think the problem lays with 3CX or with Skype. I'm sure its a problem on the client side, but I have no idea how to get the 3CX client working again. Cause after all above, the client just won't start. No error message what so ever, no event item in the eventviewer, no log in the pbx...

The shame is that the client is closed source, if we could at least know what the client is built on or a little insight i could potentially help, ive got a developers background, plenty of things I see wrong with the client such as missing codecs and various other annoying miss coded parts.
additionally, reverse engineering would be against Terms and Cons, thus I cannot help at all.
on the plus side, its pretty easy to use the TAPI.

Try installing C++ 2015 redistributables x86 and x64
Also the .Net version could have something to do with it. I recently ran into an issue where .NET 4.6.1 was the culprit after an install of new software on a machine. The fix was to install .NET 4.6.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.