• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Not working behind 2 Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlabuelo

Reaction score
Hi all

Would need help with my configuration of 3CX PBX system. I have it behind two Routers, router1 is from my Internet provider, and has all the ports opened and redirected to my router2 (which belongs to me) and which is directly connected to the 3CX PBX. I have configured the router2 following the FAQ about the "Why does 3CX require static port mappings (Full Cone NAT)?" so I have opened ports 9000-9015 / port 5060 port 5090 and port 3478 as it is defined in the FAQ.

If I perform the firewall check, it passes and I can see in the results that ports 9000-9015 are ready for communications.

Then If I try to make outbound calls I can do them perfectly, no problem. But the problem is when I try to receive inbound calls. If I call my PBX from outside, I get the first tone, and then when somes picks it up, the call is disconected (cut).

Any idea of what I am missing???

Let me tell you something I can see in the Server Status.

STUN REGISTRATION.

I have these two stun servers in the Stun Server Option of my PBX

stun.terrasip.net --3478
stun.ekiga.net --3478

If I try to register my line using Stun servers, sometines it is registered, other times is not and I get this error message:

Code:
[CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 194.39.182.241 has timed out; used Transport: 192.168.2.10:5060

and when it is registered using STUN server if I try to call from outside, I dont even get a tone, the call get just cut.

So I have selected in the "Which IP to use in 'Contact' field for registration:" in the Registration options, the external IP address of Router1 (even it is dynamic).

If I select this option I get registered with my VOIP provider, I can get incoming calls, but when someones answers, the call is cut... and no comunication can be made.

This is what I get in the Server status after answering the call:

Code:
20:03:25.093 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(28): Call is terminated 
20:03:25.093 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(28): Call is terminated 
20:03:25.078 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:03:25.078 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:03:25.062 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(28): Call is terminated 
20:03:25.062 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:03:25.062 InviteADS::onAckNotReceived [CM503018]: Call(28): ACK is not received 
20:02:52.828 CallCtrl::onLegConnected [CM503007]: Call(28): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=2c458c12aa502374 
20:02:52.828 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:02:52.812 CallCtrl::onLegConnected [CM503007]: Call(28): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060 
20:02:52.812 MediaServerReporting::SetRemoteParty [MS210003] C:28.1:Answer provided. Connection(transcoding mode):213.60.109.15:9006(9007) 
20:02:52.812 MediaServerReporting::SetRemoteParty [MS210001] C:28.2:Answer received. RTP connection: 192.168.2.21:42012(42013) 
20:02:52.812 CallLeg::setRemoteSdp Remote SDP is set for legC:28.2 
20:02:45.281 Extension::printEndpointInfo [CM505001]: Ext.001: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: 3CX Ltd.;Mod: 3CX VoIP Client;Rev: 1] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CX Phone v5.1] Transport: [sip:192.168.2.10:5060] 
20:02:45.281 CallCtrl::onAnsweredCall [CM503002]: Call(28): Alerting sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=2c458c12aa502374 
20:02:44.890 MediaServerReporting::SetRemoteParty [MS210002] C:28.2:Offer provided. Connection(transcoding mode): 192.168.2.10:7070(7071) 
20:02:44.890 CallCtrl::onSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(28): Calling: RingAll:800@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=2c458c12aa502374] 
20:02:44.875 CallCtrl::onSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:[email protected]:5060] 
20:02:44.875 MediaServerReporting::SetRemoteParty [MS210000] C:28.1:Offer received. RTP connection: 86.109.97.3:32524(32525) 
20:02:44.875 CallLeg::setRemoteSdp Remote SDP is set for legC:28.1 
20:02:44.875 Line::printEndpointInfo [CM505003]: Provider:[TELSOME] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Asterisk PBX] Transport: [sip:192.168.2.10:5060] 
20:02:44.875 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:02:44.859 CallCtrl::onIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(28): Incoming call from 981585877@(Ln.10000@TELSOME) to [sip:[email protected]:5060] 
20:02:44.687 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503011]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:800 
20:02:44.656 CallLeg::onNewCall [CM500002]: Info on incoming INVITE:
INVITE sip:[email protected] SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 86.109.97.3:5060;branch=z9hG4bK49e824d3;rport=5060
To: [sip:[email protected]]
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 102 INVITE
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:02:51 GMT
User-Agent: Asterisk PBX
Content-Length: 0

As soon as extension 001 answers, the people that made the call from outside gets the busy signal, or the call gets cut directly, and extension 001 does not hear anything, and sometimes in the logs I can see the "Non RTP message has been received message".

I was checking this system to use it as a Help Desk PBX tool, but I must say the working behaviour is not matching our expectatives, we dont stop getting situations like this one over and over, even when we think everything is configured, something like this happens.

Any ideas please?
Thanks a lot mates

Please, check what codecs are provided/supported/required by TELSOME

Hi Archie

I have talked to TELSOME support to ask them for the type of Codecs they use/allow, and the ones I have in my 3CX PBX system are allowed by them.

GSM-FR
G.711 U Law
G.711 A law

Are allowed by them. They have also said that when the inbound call is made to my number, the redirection works as normal, but they see the time each inbound call takes it is too short (Because it gets cut as soon as we pick up the phone).

They think this might be a problem with the IP/port configuration, but I have configured the routers as explained in the FAQ ( as I said we are able to make outbound calls perfectly... so ports must be open correctly).

We are suffering this issue since we have moved to 5.1 version.

Another problem we are facing now is that with high frecuency the Client softphones get disconnected from the PBX, and the user must exit and login back (which is terrible for a help desk agent).

These are the set of issues we are facing in 5.1 and that we did not had in the previous version

a) Not able to receive inbound calls

b) Not able to register using STUN registration, even the Firewall checker passes the test 100% fine

c) Clients being disconnected after some time connected.

Any suggestions for these issues? Do you think we should move back to the previous version???

Please let us know what you think.

Regards

I think you have some misconfiguration.
I would suggest you to fill support request. At this forum we do not provide technical support.

Hi archie

How do I fill a support request?

Anyway, for the client configuration should not be a problem of the installation. I mean why if the client software is opened and active in the client pc, in the 3CX does appear offline after sometime not using it, if we want to call we need to login again.. this is ok for outbound calls, but for inbound calls, if the call gets to the PBX and the system thinks that the extensions are offline... they will be transferred to the voice mail???

Cheers

Hi archie

I think I have discovered the issue. I have connected to the VOIP provider directly, using the VOIP SIP phone 3CX, and not connecting it to the 3CX PBX Phone System.

I am able to reach other phones, and people from outside can call my number perfectly.

I have tried this with another softphone, the Isoftphone of apple, and works fine, inbound and outbound calls.

What I see is that the 3CX client uses the PCMA and PCMU codecs, and I think that is why I can get the calls if I connect them directly to my VOIP provider.

PCMA and PCMU are not registered as supported codecs in the 3CX PBX phone system, so when I get a call and the phone system redirects it to my 3CX client, the codec used by the 3CX PBX is G.711 U Law, and G.711 A law, GSM-FR, .... but then in the 3CX client I can only see PCMA, PCMU, GSM.

I think that is why if I receive a call, I can see it ringing... but as soon as I pick the call up, the call is cut.

Is there any way I can add PCMA and PCMU codecs to the VOIP entrance of my VOIP provider in the 3CX PBX phone system?.

What do you think? can this be the cause?... I am using the same routers configuration... so if it works for the Clients conected directly to the provider, must be an issue of the codecs.

Is there any way also to move back to the previous version? I dont have the Install.exe.

Please let me know. Cheers

I think that PCMU is G.711 uLaw, and PCMA is G.711 aLaw and both are supported by 3CX MediaServer and 3CX VoIP client. You know, I'm pretty sure in it.

Hi all

I am getting quite crazy with this problem. I have all ports open "all" and redirected to the 3CX PBX Server.No Stun Server is able to recognize my PBX so I have to set the external IP of the router of my Internet provider to get registered with my VOIP provider "TELSOME". When I can get registered, I am able to make calls perfectly, from any of my extensions, using the 3CX VOIP client (PBX and VOIP client is 5.1).

However I am not able to get any inbound call to work, I get the phone ringing, but when someone from the extensions picks up, in the other side the busy signal is heared, or the call is cut.

Also the 3CX VOIP clients gets disconnected from the PBX quite often, even they are connected directly throw a switch...

What is strange is that if you call from outside and the VOIP Clients are not on, you can hear the voice mail... so a communication is set.

What I just have done, is uninstalling the previous version, installing the new one, and recovering the configuration back from my backup.

If you tell me that hiring support I will get this problem fixed, sure I will do it... but dont think this is just a problem of configuration... as the configuration is the same I had before, and all the ports in the router are opened and redirected to the PBX.

First I have opened the ports as explained in the FAQ-Full Cone NAT configuration, and as I could not get any inbound call to work,I have decided to open them all.. but any way, the firewall test passed in both cases, but now stun server is able to register me, VOIP clients gets disconected...

It is not my intention sounding rude, I appreciate all the help I can get, that is for sure, but what would happen if after hiring support this is not a configuration problem... I would need to understand what could be the possible causes of why the exactly same configuration it worked in previous version, it does not work in this one.

Hope all this makes sense. Also I checked your supported provider, but did not find any that could handle a physical number in Spain.. and which service can be acceptable, if you know one I will be more than happy to hear about it!!

Thanks a lot again for your help, I really appreciate it.

REgards

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. So you had working version of 3CX on the same environment, had you? What version it was and what version doesn't work?

Hi thanks for your quick reply

To tell you the truth I dont know the version I had before, I have downloaded it from 3cx website last Dec2007, and three weeks ago or so I got a mail from 3cx saying that there was a new version, which was this 5.1.

Normally I used to do a back up of my systems once a week, so I backed up the configuration of the version of the 3CX software, i uninstalled it, and installed this 5.1 version.

Also I have upgraged the 3cx VOIP clients, and then in the 3cx pbx server, I have restored the backed up configuration I had.

Since them, and with 5.1, I am getting all this problems. I did not change my routers configuration, my provider is the same, but

1) I cant get registered using any stun server (stunserver.org stun.3cx.com,¡....) I need to fill in the registration options, the IP of my external router. With this IP I can get registered and my extensions can perform calls, but can not receive them.

2) The extensions they get unregistered after some time not using the programs(3cx client) so If someone calls the voice mail is launched...even the 3cx client is on.

3) Can not get any inbound call to work, even if the extension is not registered, the voice mail is launched.

I have reviewed the configuration of the PBX system, the routers (even I have now all ports opened...) the configuration of the VOIP clients... and everything is as it was before.... that is why I think must be a problem of the version, and if someone shows me that it is not I will be more than happy to recognize it :-D.

Well, sorry for all this history... but in summary, I dont remember my previous version, sorry, never checked it.. but I have downloaded from 3cx website last dec2007.... and it worked fine...I can say GREAT!!!!...but since I have installed the 5.1 none can call my company...which is starting to perform our marketing and support business.

If you tell me that the problem I have will be fixed hiring support for a small business solution like ours one... will do it right the way.. no problem for that... but I would need to understand why the same configuration is not working now?

Hope this helps, and thanks a lot again :-D

First I would recommend to upgrade to V6. As I understand you're running free version anyway.
I can tell you even more - soon we will upload RC1 of V6, so you better upgrade to it. It has couple of things fixed that may affect your situation. If it still doesn't help you have two options which you can do sequentially: publish here detailed description of your problem along with logs, configuration description, etc. in a hope that forum guys have met and solved similar problems, and if it doesn't help - buy a support.
I'm pretty sure that your problem has quite simple solution, because you had working system with previous version. We're trying to make every next version to be better than previous one, but sometimes there're differences in settings which can play a role. That is why I think it's just question of settings.
If your working version was downloaded in Dec 2007 - than it is most probably 5.0, which was not our best. Latest revision of 5.1.4120 is much better and stable. And V6 has even more stability, although it is in beta stage yet.

Hi Archie

How can I upload the system to version 6. In the website I only see version 5.1. Do I have to wait until 3cx public the 6 version??.If so how long would it take? you must understand I can not have my people not receiving calls... is there any place where I can see the Small Business Edition prices for support?

Thanks

Hi Again

I have uninstalled the 5.1 version, rebooted the machine (to make sure), and instaled the V6. Then also I did not use the backed up configuration I had from 5.0 (line, extensions, digital recepcionist..) I have started all over again, to make sure no error made in the past was applied also to this configuration.

I have same problems, but with different behaviour.

Let me explain you my configuration

I have Router1 giving access to Internet, with ports TCP and UDP 0-65000 open and redirected to Router2, which has also all ports TCP/UDP open 0-65000.

a) I am not able to get registered using any of the stun servers I can get in the internet, stun.3cx.com, stunserver.org..... I have tried at least 20 of them.

If I make a tracert to any of the stun servers I get the response in the dos comand line "Request has timed out" which is what I can see in the Server Status "[CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 75.101.138.128:3478 has timed out; used Transport: 192.168.2.10:5060"

Even I change the mode of Registration in the PBX, even restarting the machine after that, the PBX still tries to get registered using STUN server.. and every10 mins!!!! ( I have changed the registration option to 85 secs and with static IP but does not do it).

b) Anyway, I got it to get registered once, using the external ip of my router1, and again I could make outbound calls perfectly, however if I call from outside, the call is redirected perfectly to the call groups, and teh extensions rings...however now if you pick the call up, the call is not cut, you can not hear anything in the extension line (3cx client phone) and in the phone which is calling from outside, you still hear the phone ringing??????.

I think all this problem is becasue I am not able to get registered using a stun server while I am having a dynamic IP.

Does this new situation give you some new ideas of what could may happen?

Another thing I am getting when getting registered with external ip address of my internet router... (to get this I had to delete the provider and create it again with registration made by ip!!!) is taht if I call someone using an extension... and then I just click in "Cancell".... the system keeps calling the phone!!!!!!!....

Please please,, is there any way I can get the 5.0!!!!... If I have to contact any sales rep from marketing group please let me know.

Cheers

jlabuelo said:
If I make a tracert to any of the stun servers I get the response in the dos comand line "Request has timed out" which is what I can see in the Server Status "[CM506004]: STUN request to STUN server 75.101.138.128:3478 has timed out; used Transport: 192.168.2.10:5060"

If it is that bad , I suppose any version will not help. You definitely have to have internet connection. If you can not ping any stun server it most probably means you have misconfiguration of routers or some necessary ports disabled or misrouted.
Btw, What our firwall checker utility tells you?

Hi Archie

That is the message I can get from the Server Status screeen of the 3cx application. If I ping the stun server usng the DOS command line, I get response perfectly, and if I run a tracert to the stun server...even in one of the steps (jumps) of the tracert I get the answer "Request has timed out", the package is sent to the stun server and gets there... even maybe there is a delay.

What I wanted to mean is that the 3CX system maybe gets this first "Request has timed out" message and thinks that the stun server is not reachable.

Also this is for the Stun Server registration option. But If I choose the Static IP address, the registration works fine (even I dont have an IP address Static, but the IP does not change too often).

Using the Static IP option in the registration menu of the VOIP provider configuration in the 3CX system, it is when I get registered with my VOIP provider, and we can make calls fine, and receive the calls ( but not answering them)... my principal question is Why can we make calls and we can not answer them even when the call get to our extension?...

As I explained in my previous post, now with version 6 when we get the call and we answer it, we dont hear anything... and the other side of the line still hears the tones ringing.... really strange

The server status shows normal information like if everything is working normally, call entering, redirecting it to group, and extension answering - connection stablished...

is there any place where I can get more deailed logs to attach to this post????

May be one of your routers (or both) is Cisco router?
Actually, what may help is if you can make a capture of SIP packets between VoIP provider and PBX for incoming call. It is not many packets: INVITE from provider, 100 Trynig, 180 Ringing from PBX to provider, than, after call is accepted. 200 OK from PBX. This 200 response is most interesting point. Two things to concern: Contact and SDP. Its Contact header should have your externally visible IP:port of PBX. Its SDP should have at least one codec. Than provider acknowledges with ACK packet. If PBX doesn't receive ACK it will drop the call in 32 seconds.
To capture you can use Wireshark, it's quite neat sniffer.

Hi Archi

I have used this tool you suggested, and the results were ok, so I got quite disappointed at that time, as I did not see any possible solution... the behaviour was really realy wier and did not know why.

But I have discovered an extrange behaviour, that maybe is good to share with other users. I have realized that in this version, 5.1 and the actual one I am using the 6 beta you suggested,after rebooting the PBX machine shuting down the application correctly, then is when the application does not work correctly.

I have discovered, by chance, that we need to reboot the routers...both of them we have, once we reboot the PBX machine (dont know why but is the way it works).

If we dont reboot the routers, the calls get redirected to the 3CX phone system, you can see in the line status screen how the number is calling our PBX, however the 3CX system does not redirect the call to the right extension following the rules, and sometimes, if the rules redirect the calls to a Digital Recepcionist, the call gets cut. We have checked the "configuration" of the calls with the tool you suggested and everything seems to be fine. However after rebooting the PBX, if we also reboot after this, the router/s, the 3CX system works fine. I have checked this with SMC, lynksys and cisco routers

At this moment our 3CX system works fine, we can get calls and make them, use the digital recepcionist, outbound rules.... all works fine (the only thing is the default spanish promts...which sometimes are spanish... and another are english... so people that calls us get confused sometimes :-D..maybe something to improve for next release).

Thanks a lot for our patient and for your help... hope both of us got something productive with this post. :D

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.