Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx not working for Android on HTC Legend

Discussion in 'Android' started by asadalam, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asadalam

Hi,

I am trying to register on HTC legend using my voip blast account. I have put the following details in the profile

Profile name : voipblast user name
    user : voipblast user name
    password : voipblast password
    internal server : sip.voipblast.com
    external server : sip.voipblast.com
    stun server : stun.voipblast.com
    proxy : sip.voipblast.com
    port : 5060 (default)

i tried keeping proxy empty and internal server empty but nothing works. any help would be appreciated.

regards,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Profile name is whatever you want to call the profile
    User usually = a phone number, but not always.
    Internal server should be able to be left blank.

Are you trying to get it working over WiFi first? In some cases, 3G may not work, or may have "issues".

3. asadalam

yes, i am only trying wifi...i'll try by putting my phone number in the username field

4. asadalam

tried it, not working

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't used that provider, so I can't speak from experience on their setting requirements. Unfortunately the 3CX Android phone (in this incarnation) does not have a way to show the registration dialogue (and failure reason). But, the 3CX Windows phone does. If you still can't get it working, and no one comes along with an answer for you, you may want to try setting up the 3CX Windows phone on your PC and see if that works with your provider. It will show you why it won't register and may give you some clues as to what need changing in the Android version.

6. HL649

Just so you don't give up on your Legend; I have a Legend running Froyo 2.2 and I have the 3CX running. Haven't tried 3G yet but the WiFi is crystal clear. I use Les.net for my Voip provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.