Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX not working on any device

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KarenM, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarenM

I have the 3CX client installed on a windows 10 machine, a mac mini and my iPhone 7. I get a not connected on all of them. I have tried uninstalling, reregistering and restarting the desktop phone. I am not sure what I am missing here. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @KarenM

Are these local or remote extensions? If local are they in the same subnet as the PBX?
    Were the clients provisioned using the welcome email from the management console?

3. KarenM

I am not sure what you mean by local or remote extensions. I have a phone connected to the same network as the mac mini and the windows laptop. The iPhone and the two computers were provisioned using the welcome email.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Karen, I see all your clients are installed on WiFi devices. Has your PBX published its FQDN to be accessible from a WiFi?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KarenM

I would have no idea. The app on my mac used to work. I am not sure what happened. My mac mini is hard wired into the same network as the desk phone.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The provisioning files sent via Welcome eMail contain the address of the PBX as IP/FQDN. If your PBX doesn't have assigned a fixed IP, after reboot it may get a different one than the one send two days ago via welcome eMail so it become inaccessible. If the FQDN (say mypbx.karen.local) is not published, or has changed or the local WiFi DNS is down, again - the PBX will be inaccessible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. KarenM

Ok, so can you please tell me how would I check or fix that?

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Try to check first, it's easy:
    On the machine running the PBX, open the Management Console in a browser. Copy its address from browser's navigation bar and paste it into an eMail which then send it to, let's say, iPhone. On the iPhone open the received eMail and tap the address - see if the iPhone's browser can open that page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.