Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3CX not working on iOS 10.2 with T-Mobile service

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Paul Omans, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
?

Does 3CX work with your T-Mobile iOS 10.2 iPhone?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Omans

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone 5s, 6, 7+
    Generation: See Above
    Firmware Version: iOS 10.2
    Jailbreak: No
    Cydia Installed: No

Issue Info
    Handset: iPhone
    Contacts: Any
    Connection: 4G LTE
    Server: External

I have tried resetting network settings, rebooting the iPhone, and deleting and reinstalling the 3CX app. I have tested on one iPhone 5s, one iPhone 6, and three different iPhone 7+ models, all on T-Mobile service, and all with the exact same result.

Attached is screenshots of my iPhone 5s with both a Cricket SIM card (Cricket is owned by AT&T) and a T-Mobile SIM card. "No Network" error was shown on every other T-Mobile iPhone I tested. All tested iPhone models have the latest iOS and the latest 3CX version installed. WiFi works correctly regardless of service provider. I'm making this thread hoping that someone else can test the latest 3CX app on an iPhone with T-Mobile service with the latest iOS 10.2 installed, to see if this issue is restricted to my area (Texas) or if it is a nationwide issue.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Paul
    Paul, in case of the T-Mobile SIM card, if you try to open google.com in Safari, how slow/fast the page is loaded?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shankar

I am also using a SIP client, facing same issue with T-Network on iPhone 10.2 OS version.

If some one tells about what is the issue here, it will be a great help..

4. Paul Omans

Internet speed is about the same on both the T-Mobile SIM card and the Cricket SIM card, I used different internet-based apps, Pandora, Safari, Netflix, and I didn't notice any difference in speed with the two different SIM cards.

5. Paul Omans

It appears as though the issue rests with the iPhone not being able to use http traffic with 3CX. T-Mobile is blocking https traffic over the ports that 3CX uses for communication. This is not an issue on Android devices as they can "drop-down" to http, but iOS 10.2 can only use https. So, the main issue rests with T-Mobile.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Paul
    Good feedback, thank you very much.
    At this moment, we don't have a T-Mobile SIM to test it, however, based on your feedback above we'll try to improve the client. Follow this topic, I will keep you informed.
    Thanks
    vali

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Paul Omans.

Paul, I just uploaded on Beta the 15.2.4.121, so you can install it via Test Flight. When you have time, please try it to see if it connects now.

Thanks!

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Well, not good news:
    We just got one (the only related so far) feedback via TestFlight and it seems that even 15.2.4.121 shows "No network" when using a T-Mobile SIM card.

So, now, basically this is the plan:
    we just submitted for official release the .122 (compared to .121 the only difference is it shows the DTMF characters while typed) and we expect to be approved by Thursday, top. After that, we will resume the beta mainly focusing on this issue. The problem is we don't have (yet) a T-Mobile SIM card (and we don't know if, once we have it, it will behave the same like the one in US) so we'll have to make some "blind", by guess, fixes, without affecting, let's say, backward compatibility. We'll keep you informed.

Thanks
    vali

9. Paul Omans

We have access to T-Mobile SIM cards here, we are more than willing to work with you to get this issue resolved ASAP. If you want to send us beta versions we will be able to test and report back.

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Paul
    Thank you very much. Well, our tests revealed the 3CX client's network detector doesn't allow an assigned IPv6 IP. We cannot say for sure this is the reason why the T-Mobile is not "accepted", but it might be since - according to some articles - T-Mobile US push for IPv6 only. However, what we know for sure is the "No network" message will be displayed in case an IPv6 is encountered - no matter from a SIM card or WiFi or whatever. Therefore, we'll have to address this issue first. Once we'll have a better "picture", we'll upload a Beta version to TestFlight and we'll submit it to the only few people having the T-Mobile, in order to improve this "picture" and to decide what/how to proceed next. We'll keep you informed, please follow this topic, I will update it.
    Many thanks
    vali

11. Paul Omans

I can indeed verify that on every iPhone I tested on the latest iOS 10.2, T-Mobile service forces IPv6 addressing.

12. Paul Omans

Are there any ISPs in your location that offer native IPv6 support? Here in the US, AT&T does, I haven't tested it yet, but having an AT&T DSL connection with native IPv6 forced and then connecting the 3CX app over WiFi to see if it is nonfunctional would be good testing grounds for developing a fix for IPv6 incompatibility. Please PM me if you would need any help setting this up, I could recommend compatible hardware and ISPs.

13. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Paul
    Thank you for the offer. Please give us few days, until next week, we're already working on it, our test department told me they will try to provide the test environment I need, so then I will have a clear(er) answer and I will know what (and if) I have to ask you to help.
    Once again, thanks alot!

14. Patrick Paul

Hello there I am new to the Forum,

One Temp Solution for IPV 6 T-Mobile is to use T-Mobile hotspot.

15. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just to update this topic:

we're working on this issue; the only thing is what appeared initially as a small problem turned into a little IPv6 monster, affecting the very core of the client. So far, the progress and results are encouraging, but at this moment I cannot provide an ETA. However, once we will have a pretty good candidate for a Beta testing, I will announce.
    Thanks for patience and support.

16. somertech

I am a T-Mobile (USA) customer, and am also experiencing this issue, and am looking forward to resolution. Thank you.

iOS 10.2 / T-Mobile / 3CX iPhone Client.

17. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, some news:

yesterday we uploaded a Beta (ver 15.2.5.125) so everybody who's already registered in our iOS Beta program only have to check their TestFlight to install. If you're not registered but you want to, please use our form here:

https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/uc-ios-client-beta/

P.S Preliminary feedback reports are good so far.

18. somertech

Vali_3CX;

I registered with the iOS Beta program using your form about a week ago. However, I am not seeing the new App in my Testflight profile.
    What do I need to do to get access?

Thank You

19. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please send the name and Apple ID by PM (click here my avatar then choose "Start Conversation", that's the new PM).
    Thanks

20. somertech

Device Info
    Phone Model: iPhone 5c
    Generation: See Above
    Firmware Version: iOS 10.2.1 (14D27)
    Jailbreak: No
    Cydia Installed: No

Carrier: T-Mobile (USA)

Thank you for the improvements in the ver 15.2.5.125 Beta build.

Here are my observations so far.

1. Now the 3CX client can see Presence info, and the Call Log + able to Chat on the mobile network. None of this was happening before, unless on WiFi.
    2. Can intermittently receive calls from other extensions, but some calls to the iPhone client will fail (as in, not ringing on the iPhone and goes to voicemail as per missed call routing rules)
    3. When launching the 3CX client, the status will cycle from Registering to Forbidden to finally Not Registered, even though Presence and all the activities mentioned in #1 and #2 are possible.
    4. Calls initiated from the iPhone client to both internal extensions and external numbers timeout after about 20-30 seconds and fail. Calls can only be successfully placed while on WiFi as before this update. I'm confident that this isn't a PBX or Router config issue as I have placed calls from WiFi locations outside of my LAN, and my Android and Windows phone clients can successfully place calls on any network, Mobile or WiFi.
    Thank you, and I look forward to future improvements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.