3cx off an analog extension port

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eggyb, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggyb

Hi guys,

Looking for Comments/Thoughts/Experiences

I have been pondering how to leverage the 3CX Skype Gateway to provide users of existing TDM systems with a voip/skype option.

THE PLAN
    What I would like to do is hang 3cx with Skype gateway off an analog extension/ATA on either Avaya IP500 or Nortel CICs/MICs.

IMPLEMENTATION
    Use line cords to connect the analog extension ports to Linksys 3102. Configure a PSTN trunk on 3cx. Configure 3102 as a PSTN/VOIP gateway to point to 3cx server. When an internal user intercoms the analog port extension they are passed to the 3102. On 3cx the trunk is answered by Digital Receptionist with audible options to transfer to extensions that represents skype users. These extensions would be set to always forward to the skype number using the skype gateway trunk.

Something similar could be done using SIP trunks instead of the Skype Gateway also.

I realize this is a general description but I figured before doing too much research and investing in test hardware I would ask the community first.

Cheers,

eggyb

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Its certainly doable from a technical point of view to do it as you have described.

I have used Asterisk in the past as a media gateway to switch legacy PBX systems to using SIP trunks. I haven't tried to use 3CX in the same way, not sure its even possible to route incoming calls from one trunk and push them off to another trunk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eggyb

I wasnt really considering routing from trunk to trunk, more like external transfer.

The inbound user from the analog line would choose an appropriate option from the digital receptionist, that option would be set to forward all calls at all hours to 5skype.name (where 5 is the dial code for my skype gateway, and skype.name is the skype number of the user the digital reception menu option refers to).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.