• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx office 365 Impersonated Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickel den Ouden

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I have a 3cx version 15.5.93.48.3.

I want to have my office 365 contacts in 3cx.
I followed the guidelines in https://www.3cx.com/docs/how-to-create-impersonated-user/

after that i followed this link https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/pbx-crm-integration/

Configuring the Exchange Connector (MS Exchange Sync)

But the contacts wil not turn up in my 3cx.

After i have dowloaded the 3cxSystemService.log i found the following error:

018/03/20 13:56:49.479|10658|0054|Excpt|Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException: The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Can somebody tell me what the problem is ?

Moving back to the General forum, as the question is not related to a CRM plugin, but to the contact synchronization feature.

You're getting a 401 Unauthorized error, that means a problem with the credentials provided, or the user not having permissions to access the resources you're trying to access...

Do i need to turn off the advanced security in office 365 and use the basic to makes this work on a linux based 3cx ?

this has nothing to do with it, but depending on the user you created or use for the impersonation, I would reuse already a user you have to save on the fee, be sure that the user account is licensed to use the exchange service!

If I have only one user in office 365 do i also need to make a impersonated-user or can i just use that one user with login and credentials ?

you can use any account you have - which is entitled to access exchange.
This can be a dedicated user (advice for a local exchange) or an existing (advised for office 365 to save $$$). Just note, if you change the password, change it also in the PBX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.