3CX Office 365 SMTP Direct Send

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tgg_sparks, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgg_sparks

Hey Everyone,

I'm having trouble implementing SMTP using Office365 direct send, seen here under Option2:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...274-ad18-c805d654b4c4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

I have used this before on previous versions of 3CX with great success, it's an easy way to implement email and doesn't chew up an account in the process.

However, this time I seem to be having a problem. I've added the SPF record for our external IP and added a rule in 365 to allow that email address to send to users, but I still do not get a response.

I've taken a look into the logs at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs and this is the only error. It's like this for every time I attempt to send.

2017/05/16 04:53:22.207|10104|0014|Excpt|System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
    at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
    at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Connect(String host, Int32 port, SecureSocketOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at GenericUtilsNet.MailTemplateSender.Send(XDocument template, Func`2 getParameter, String mailTo, IEnumerable`1 attachments)
    at _3cxSystemService.ExtSheduller.WelcomeEmailSender.SendWelcome(Extension ext)
    at _3cxSystemService.ExtSheduller.WelcomeEmailSender.SendingProc()

Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.