Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx - Office365 Address Book no PRO

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by yayaasd, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yayaasd

Hi Guys,

actually I am a little bit confused. As I can see on edition comparison (https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/) the STANDARD edition is able to integrate "Office 365 (address book only)" and "Outlook".

But trying to set-up this - i got the notice "This feature is only available in Pro....."

so whats the point?

I managed to try another way:
    I followed this instructions: https://www.3cx.com/docs/microsoft-outlook/
    And Contacts from Outlook are synced well. But if someone is calling me, there is no contact match - 3cx is only showing phone number!

do I understand sth. wrong?

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello @yayaasd

Outlook will work as a CRM for you i.e. you have a phone call and outlook will pop up on each so you can add detail of the call or save the number on your outlook contacts if does not exist.

It will not show a contact that is stored on your outlook contact list on windows client.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. yayaasd

Hi Marios,

I see, thank you for explanation. In this case, the Outlook Plugin is working as expected.

But what about the licensing question? there is a tick for "supported" in the edition comparison, but i can not implement this!?

4. Marios Neophytou

Unfortunately with STD license only the outlook plugin can be used.
    This is already pointed under System Requirements of the Outlook document.

"3CX v15 - For the PBX and the STD edition download the 3CXPlugins. For the PRO edition you can download it within the management console."

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. yayaasd

But why there is Office 365 (address book only) ticked in comparison? this might be not correct in this case.

just to let you follow me:
    I bought the standard edition, because the edition comparison is showing, Office 365 Adress Book is supported. Now I am getting to know, that Office 365 is only supported in Pro Edition.

just to be clear: either the comparison seems to be wrong, or I am not able to implement, because the function is not given although the comparison is showing other...
    and please - this is a feedback, do not misunderstand me :)

I would be glad to see correct information without spending hours of work, I am very unhappy :-(

6. Marios Neophytou

Office 365 (address book only) means that you can import you contacts from Outlook365 or Gmail to your 3CXPhone for Windows. Go to Settings > Import Contacts which this it is also an Application Integration.

7. yayaasd

ok - i got it.
    for me, it is not clearly represented, but many thanks to you Marios for your very fast help!

8. Marios Neophytou

No problem @yayaasd
    Thank you for the feedback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.