3cx on 2 computers only 1 rings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by zekev, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zekev

Hi guys !

I'm begining to play with voip and before switching my phone number to voip. I'm doing some test. I got a DID number from voip.ms

One thing that interest me is having multiple instance of 3cx running on different computers (upstairs, downstairs, at my office, country house,...) but all configure with the same DID number so I can receive a call wherever I am.

The problem is that it doesn't seems to work with 3cx (v6.0.20943.0) for windows. Only one computer (one 3CX) receive the call. They dont all ring at the same time, only one rings.

Is this possible with 3CX or maybe the problem resides on the voip.ms server ??

Any, clues... solutions ?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some providers allow you to have multiple registrations, and will ring all simultaneously. You'd have to ask, to confirm that yours does.

If it doesn't allow this, you could relay the call from one PBX to the other two. Three lines could be in a ring group, on the one PBX where the provider trunk terminates (one would ring locally), and the other two extensions could each be registered to a trunk (each) at the other 3CX installations. They would then, in turn, ring an extension at each of the other PBX's

3. zekev

Thanks !

I finally found out that I must create sub accounts and ring groups with my voip provider. Quite easy to do.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.